Chapter 40: Epilogue #3 of 3

Everleighs Pov (only for a little bit)

~oOo~ 2 months later

"You don't want to be queen."

It was so random. We were sitting in my room, kissing and hugging, and being all cutesy and romantic, when he said it. I had never said this to him, but....

"What?" I stuttered. "Uh, uh, no. Of course I do."

"Ever, I know you. You don't have to say it. It's obvious," Ian sighed.

"No it's not," I mumbled, not sure of who I was trying to convince anymore.

"Ever, Love, talk to me..."

Yes. Love. Me and Ian had been together roughly 2 months. And just like our first day together, we've moved quick. I've always been a helpless romantic and I'm not one to say it was love at first sight.....But it was love at first month. It was a kiss at day 1, dating at day 2, I love you's on day 45...My Grandma Maggie (Magda) would tell me I'm insane, but I know mother wouldn't. She would never admit it, but she was in love with my dad on day 1 too. She just isn't as forward as me.

And yes....I'm talking to my parents again. Right after Ian left my room that day, I video chatted them. They said they're sorry and asked if I wanted to come home, and I said no. My father had smiled brightly and my mother had smirked knowingly. She didn't say anything, but I knew that she knew it was a boy. I didn't tell her about Ian until 2 weeks later and she didn't meet him until two weeks after that. That was a fun day...

Switch to America's Pov/flashback

"Maxon! Maxon! She's bringing a boy home! Oh my lord, this is just wonderful..." I sighed.

"I think he should stay at the school. Or better yet, on a different continent," he grumbled.

"I know you don't mean that," I said, hitting his arm.

"She's not old enough to date," Maxon disagreed.

"She's not much younger than I was when I met you. Only a year," I reminded him.

"Now you're making me feel old!"

I laughed. We were walking through the halls, arm and arm, on our way to meet Everleigh and her new boyfriend outside. I had smuggled a picture out of her and he was super cute. Not Maxon handsome, but cute... Ever loved to talk about him. She told me all these little tics and quirks about him with the most loving and trusting look on her face. She really liked him, that much I could tell.

"Hayly! Jake!" I called as I passed there rooms.

Hayln came tumbling out of her room in a float white dress with her hair falling over her shoulders. I smiled. She was so beautiful. Jacob cane walking out of his room in slacks, a button up, and a vest. He looked like he wanted to be in his basketball shorts and a t-shirt. But his hair was slicked back so I ignored his attitude.

"Mom, can we get a dog?" Jacob asked.

"No," Halyn and me both denied.

"Why not?" He whined.

"Because this is a palace and you won't take good care of him. You'll get annoyed with him, lock him outside you're door, and he'll get lost in the palace."

"Not true."

"Is true!" Halyn laughed.

Jake rolled his eyes and ran off ahead of us. Halyn looked back at him Than up at me.