Chapter twenty five

"Ryder?" I ask my lungs tightening and my heart thumping loudly.

Tears stream down my cheeks as he just stares at me blankly, I cry alone before Ryder lifts me up and embraces me in a tight hug.

"Wha-what are you doing don't you h-hate me?" I ask before wiping my eyes and looking down at him.

"I- I could never hate you Addison in fact I like you, a lot and this changes nothing" He says before letting me back down.

I stare at him confused before he wipes my tears with his thumb and looks at me in those big, brown eyes of his.

"Thanks, Ryder I-I hate myself because of this and I never told anyone because I-"Before I could finish Ryder buts in.

"Don't hate yourself, you're the most beautiful, smart and fun woman I have ever been around but I need to know who abused you?" he ask, his eyes turning dark.

"I-I don't think we should talk about this here" I whisper, he nods his head in agreement before he takes my hand and leading me to the back of the street.

Marcus pulls up in front of us and Ryder opens the car door for me.

"Then let's leave, this gala is nothing your more important" he says, confused I slip in the car after thanking him.

Once we drive away, Ryder places his hand over mine, I tear myself away from the window and look down at our hands and then at a smirking Ryder.

I smile lightly back at him before letting out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

Once we approach his penthouse, we step into the front of it and then he leads me onto his living room couch.

We sit across from each other before Ryder finally speaks.

"You ready to tell me?" He asks, I nod my head slowly before moving to look him directly in the eyes before turning away scared.

I sigh before telling him everything, from the beginning to the end.

During my story, sometimes I would break down and cry with all the horrifying memories that flashed through me but when Ryder embraced me and told me to keep going, I kept going.

And then when I finally stopped talking my cheeks flushed bright red and I was anxiously waiting for Ryder's reaction.

"Addison, why didn't you tell me all of this before I could have done something" Ryder says coldly scaring me a little.

"B-because I told you I didn't want anyone to know and I didn't think you would take it the way you did" I say slowly and sadly.

Ryder nod his head slowly before walking out of the room and then after a few minutes returning with something.

"I think I should take care of your problem with that dickhead Addison" Ryder says as he shows me a gun.

"NO!" I scream, he looks at me confused before placing it in his pocket.

"No, what do you mean no? I hate him, how dare your father do all that to you if you don't kill him, I will" He say darkly.

This is exactly why I didn't tell anyone.

"Ryder, when the time is right I will do it but not now." I say, Ryder slowly nods his head before sitting next to me after he puts the gun back.

"So what happens now?" He asks me confused.

"I-I don't know, but I need to find my brother" I say, Ryder nods at me before we both just think about what we needed to do and what was going to happen.

***

"And this should help you find him" Ryder hands me a tracking device.

"Ok?" I say as I peer at the device weirdly.

"We can start looking for him whenever ok?" I nod my head at him before I head back to my office.

It has been two weeks since the gala and I still can't believe Ryder knows everything.

But I had a plan to find my brother and warn him about everything, Jacob need to come back, who knows what Jack could do to him when he is lurking around everywhere.

My life just got a hell of a lot more complicated and it was driving me mental.

Tessa hadn't appeared in my face since and I am glad but I can't help but think and know that she is up to something.

Big time.

I took a deep breath before continuing to work, everything was so confusing and stressful but at least I didn't have to do by myself anymore.

My head swirled with plans that I was going to need to find my brother and finally get Jack and Tessa out of our lives once and for all.

After the eleven years of torture, pain and tears Jacob and I went through it would all be worth it when I show it to him.

I am not someone who can be pushed around anymore.

And I needed to make that clear, nothing could stop me.

I am finally getting back at him and Jack will pay for everything he has ever done for all those years.

As I rubbed my forehead in frustration and also in tiredness.

I have not been able to sleep properly since I told Ryder.

What is he blackmails me?

Was it a stupid idea to tell him?

Will he call the police behind my back?

Will he go ahead and kill my father?

Those thoughts circled around my head and it haunted me, but when all of this shit is solved it would will be ok.

I guess.

Look out Jack Snow, I am coming for you.

Question of the day:

What do you think of Ryder's reaction?