Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Damn I lied about getting called into work early. But an hour after I got home, I really did get called in.

Giselle’s POV

I can’t believe he just left me like that. I was so mad. Then I got a call from Blake, Uncle Luke and Aunt Evelyn’s son. I was so happy when he asked if I’d go to the Casino with him. “Hell yeah I’ll go” I said all excited I would have something to take my mind off Scott, for a while at least.

“So how are things with your Cop guy?” Blake asked.

I shrugged my shoulders. “Ok I guess but” I blushed as I caught myself from telling him too much. He caught my train of thought and started to laugh.

“Hey, I’m not a little kid anymore. If you need to talk I’m all ears.” He said making me smile.

“That’s right; you turned 21 this past Saturday huh, shrimp.” I say calling him by his childhood nickname.

“Holy crap, I haven’t been a shrimp since the 4th grade.” He said all smug looking down at me.

“Yeah when you shot up, you shot up.” I say looking up at him. “So what did you do for your birthday?” I asked.

He shrugged “Carter was busy with Monique. But my other friends took me out and I got wasted. I did meet some chick named Hayley. She’s sweet and seems to be a bit of a nerd. But she didn’t give me the time of day.”

“Did you get her number?” I asked and he shook his head no.

We got to the Casino and I took a seat at one of the tables. Blake disappeared on me but I was set to win today.

Scott’s POV

I walked into the Casino ready to meet my informant. I was in all the way now. We were taking down the dirt bags today. I scanned the perimeter checking to see what we were dealing with. It was then that I spotted Giselle at a table. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck, what the hell was she doing here? She didn’t call to tell me she was going out?”

I sat in the back and took my phone out. She answered “I need you to get home now!” I yelled as quietly as I could. I saw the look on her face as she stared at her phone from my outburst. Then she put it back on her ear.

“Oh hell no, you didn’t just talk to me like that.”

I sighed trying to compose myself. “Listen, and listen good. There is something going down right now. I want you out of here and safe. I can’t explain, please just go.” She didn’t answer just got up and headed to the slot machines. Where the fuck is she going.

She walked back with some guy in tow. I felt my blood boil who the fuck was that. He bent down to whisper something to her making her giggle. Without thinking about it I walked to her and grabbed her arm. “Who the hell is this?”

She frowned and looked confused “What the hell do you care. Now unless you want me to hurt you, let her go.” The guy said to me making me very mad. But before I could say another word I felt a hand on my back.

“They’re ready for you. Now stop chasing ass and get to it.” Fuck, it was the informant. I looked at her but had to walk away. Shit, shit, get back into character Scott or this will all be over before it starts.

To my relief she said nothing and walked out with the guy. The informant just thought I was trying to pick up a piece of ass and made nothing of it. I sighed in relief and I was escorted to the back where my 2 undercover guys were. The exchange of the money for the drugs went smoothly and before anyone knew what was happening, the bust went down.

Granted we are back to square one busting from the bottom up. But we will get the leaders sooner or later. I had to go fill out paperwork before I could go look for Giselle. But all I could think about was who the fuck was that and is she cheating on me.

………………………………………………………………………………..

Typical man always expecting the worst