s i x t e e n

I was woken up by someone touching my hair

I opened my eyes slowly to see Anakin brushing my hair out of my face.

I smiled up at him.

"Good morning," I said.

"Good morning," he replied simply, smiling slightly.

"How are you feeling?" I asked, internally chastising myself for asking that.

Obviously he wasn't feeling good, his mother is dead.

"I'm doing better," he said solemnly.

"I'm really sorry,"

"It's alright love, you don't have to apologize." He smiled at me.

I just about melted into a puddle when he called me love, but I kept my composure.

I smiled back at him, my cheeks turning pink.

Anakin noticed and smirked, "Didn't know I had that effect on you darling."

I narrowed my eyes and pursed my lips sarcastically.

My cheeks turned red at the confrontation but I couldn't help but laugh at the situation.

"Yea whatever." I dismissed his comment jokingly as I swung my legs over the right side of the bed, stretching them.

After I gave myself a moment to adjust to the change in position I stood up and made my way to the chair I had haphazardly thrown my robe onto.

I slipped it on and turned to Anakin, who was already looking at me.

I blushed as I realized he had been watching me.

"Stop staring and get up already, I'm hungry." I said with mock seriousness.

Anakin saw right through me and smirked slightly, knowing I was joking.

I pursed my lips.

"You need to sneak out of here and be down there before me. They can't know we shared a room." I explained to him.

He flopped back on the bed and groaned.

"I don't like this whole hiding thing." He responded solemnly.

"Well neither do I, but it's this or nothing and we both agreed that this was what we wanted." I said, motioning between us.

"Ok ok" Anakin responded, finally getting up out of the bed.

He was still shirtless, but now that sunlight was streaming in through the cracked window, I could easily make out the contours of his toned body.

I swallowed as I felt my face warm up.

He had his back turned to me as he pulled on his robes, unaware of the affect he was having on me.

By the time he turned back around, I had managed to somewhat conceal my flustered state, but Anakin was too observant.