xxiv. unexpected guest

Vanessa's POV

MY PHONE rang the moment I sat on the couch. I'm currently here inside my bedroom after what happened a while ago. There were too many people out there and I was suffocated by their presence. So, I had no damn choice but to leave and have my personal space. Tss.

I took my phone from the side table. Napangiwi ako nang makita kung sino ang tumatawag.

'As expected . . .'

After accepting the call – "Vanessa! What is happening?! Why . . . why is my house surrounded by your men?! I thought someone would kill me! Muntikan pa magkaputukan dito!"

My forehead creased after hearing his last statement. "What do you mean?"

I sent half of my men but my Uncle Simon is already complaining about them. Tss. I knew it. He's the type of I-will-never-ever-die kind of man. I don't know if he's really brave because he is a Valkedestine or because he believes that he is immortal.

I shook my head after remembering his teachings when I was young. I think he got used to pretending that he is an immortal man, that's why he is acting like one.

"Mi compadre was here. We were playing golf! But then your men came and his men thought they were here to assassinate us!"

Smokey?

"And then?"

The door opened and I saw Axel. He's staring at me darkly.

"Well . . . we're still alive!" Humalakhak siya. "And I won golf today! That old man sucks!" He sounds like he's grinning right now.

I fixed my posture before opening up a conversation with him regarding the men I sent to where he is staying.

"Look, Uncle . . . I have something to say."

Axel's eyes and I met.

We have talked about this earlier. Before proceeding to this room we had a very short conversation about what happened.

"You're pregnant?!"

What?!

My serious face turned sour.

"What the fucking hell?!"

Even Axel got confused because of my reaction.

"What's wrong, baby?" He asked -- almost whispering.

I shook my head at him and waved my hand, telling him that there is nothing to worry about. Just another normal conversation with my Uncle. But please! What the heck did I just hear?!

"Oh. Hindi ba?" Uncle sounds disappointed. "I was already ready to suggest some names . . ." then I heard his evil chuckles.

"Ugh, Uncle! Will you please listen to me first?!" I frustratedly said.

Axel went towards the fridge to get a pitcher. He's probably thinking that I am stressed and that I need water!

"I am listening, my niece! Go on!" He continued to laugh and I rolled my eyes.

I let out a sigh before stating what's on my mind.

"I received a death threat." I simply said.

'There.'

"What?!" Now it's his turn to react that way.

I shut my eyes. That was so fucking loud!

"I said I --"

"What happened?! Are you okay?! Do you know who it is?! Are you . . . are you safe?! Are you alive?!"

Axel handed me a glass of water but before drinking it, I answered my Uncle's multiple questions.