22

Time ticked and sooner, it was already a week

Time ticked and sooner, it was already a week. I could feel as time passed by - I am getting more distant with Jungkook. Yet, it was not anyone's fault but mine. I always mustered up courage to strike a lusty conversation but always ended with dry talks.

Furthermore, the words that Sunhi had told me a week ago came surging in my head without warning. Her malicious smile and threatening tone were still raw in my mind. They kept replaying, taunting me further.

Buzz!

My phone vibrated inside my coat. I secured my hand around the cold metal before sliding the screen. There was a notification and turned out - it was my birthday today. I bit my bottom lip roughly - my brain did it again to me. Once again, Jungkook crossed my mind and wondered if he even knows about my birthday.

While I was building castle in the air, someone tapped my shoulder. I was very much startled and let out a small shriek. I whirled around frantically to see Sunhi with a large smile plastered on her face. My expression drastically changed.

"Happy birthday, friend." A brickbat smile wore on her scarlet red lips before handing me a purple box with silk ribbon in the middle. With furrowed brows, I hesitantly accepted her present and mumbled an inaudible 'thank you'.

Joyful giggles escaped her mouth before her heels continued to clank on the polished marbled floor. She walked away with a model-like walking. Curiosity was creeping on me and I couldn't wait no more to open the oh-so-present.

Taking off the lid of the box, there were dried rose petals scattered with a piece of paper inside. The present surely doesn't look something that I would be grateful for but nonetheless, I took the sheet of paper. My eyes were round like a globe after seeing what was written on the paper.

'Don't accept Jungkook's present. If you don't heed my warning, I am not scared to do something that could scarred you for eternity.'

The piece of paper fell out of my grasp dramatically. I was definitely not expecting someone to blackmailed me on my birthday. The vision of Jungkook handing me a present was easily crumbled down.

Buzz!

For the second time, my phone vibrated again in my hand. There was one message that was sent from Jungkook. Speaking of the devil, he was right on time. I read his message that said,

'Come to my office. Now.'

I gulped the lump inside my dry throat - scratching my head in perplexity. What wrong could I have done this time? Without further ado, I head over to his office.

Knocking on the huge oak door, I waited for a response before I heard a husky voice asking me to enter the office. Fixing my coat for the last time, I pushed the heavy door open to see Jungkook leaning his side on the mahogany desk. I stood right in my spot, waiting for him to strike his first word.

"Come closer." His voice was softer than usual as he gently spoke to me. I was a little shock but obeyed his command submissively by taking two steps closer. "More." He uttered again. I blinked and my gazes dropped down to the floor from the anxiety anchoring down in my stomach.

I took two more steps.

I was a finally a feet away from Jungkook. Casually I blurted out, "What is it?". Jungkook only shrugged and dodged my question. Slowly, I watched him revealing his hands that he was hiding behind his back. A small red box was behind those hands. I couldn't extract my eyes away from it. I had only seen the box yet I was already astonished.

'Don't accept Jungkook's gift.'

The paper from earlier had to flashed in my head. The ecstatic smile on my lips were quickly levitated off. My shoulders tensed as I took steps backward.

Jungkook saw my sudden reaction and moved closer to me. As closer as he gets, I couldn't help but felt flustered and I took my scattering steps out of his office.