Chapter 6

I walking out of my room after the whole Carl thing. I can't even believe he likes me, I mean, why would he like a girl like me? 

I walked to the rec room down the hall to hear music and people laughing like there is no care in the world. Stepping into the room everyone stops and turns around to look at me.

I see Carl blushing and Glenn has a smirk on his face. What is up with them?

Ignoring all of the staring I go and sit in one of the chairs and start to read a book. About 5 minutes into the book, I feel strong arms throw me over their shoulder.

I look at the persons back and see a leather jacket with angel wings....... Daryl. He drops me with a thud, I look up to meet beautiful sparkling blue eyes. Of course it's Carl!

I start to put the puzzle pieces together. Carl must have told Glenn that he kissed me and Glenn must have told everyone else.

It didn't really bother me, nor did it probably bother my dad because he never really cared if I had a boyfriend. Nor did he care about me kissing anyone.

I guess I was still staring at Carl because because he was rapidly shaking my shoulders trying to get m out of my trance.

I smile and he realizes I'm done daydreaming. He smiles back and asks a question I hear a lot "What is up with you and wearing black?"

"It blends in with the woods so walkers won't see me." I simply reply.

"Well its not like we are leaving" After he said that it gets dead silent, even the music goes off. I hate when its like this.

"Actually, I wanted to talk to you guys about that."

"What is it honey?" Dale sweetly asks.

"We have to leave, this place isn't safe."

"Why do ya say that?" Daryl hops in.

"Follow me." Everyone exchanges worried glances and follows me back to where all the computers are. I point to the big clock that is counting down. "That is why."

"Well what is that" Dale asks. Dale is cool and all but he can get really annoying sometimes.

"When that clock reaches zero" I pause to see my dad walking in "would you like to finish the rest dad?"

He shakes his head no and nods for me to continue.

"When that clock reaches zero the CDC will explode"

"There will be no pain." My dad adds in.

"You told me that you would try to stop the clock and you lied. I can beat this world dad and you know it. You told me when I was little that I will always be your greatest creation. Why do you want to destroy it?"

"I want to be with you Veronica, but not in a world like this."

"Everybody go and pack your things, we are leaving this place." Rick informs everyone.

I just keeps standing there staring at my dad. I loved him but now, now he just pretty much wants me dead.

I walk back to my room and gather my things. But I left all of my childhood memories and pictures other than one that is just me and my mom.

I walk out if my room holding two heavy bags. I meet back up with everybody by the front entrance(this part will not be like in the show)

I look at the clock to see their is 30 seconds left "Bye dad" I plainly say before running out the doors with everyone close on my trail.

We were finally outside when I realized that we had everybody but Jaquie "Where is Jaquie?" Tdog asked.

Nodody answered and we all went back to ours cars. I asked Daryl if I can ride with him and he said yes. "EVERYONE GET DOWN!!" Daryl yelled out the window right before the CDC blew up.

The cars started moving "And we're off" Daryl says smiling at me. I smile back and drift into a deep sleep.