Chapter 15 - Weird (Edited)

Rose POV :
It was now lunch time and I was sitting with Diana and Marcus. Diana was sitting to my right while Marcus was sitting across from her. I couldn't ignore the tension going on between me and Diana. She kept to herself alot –which was unlike her–and didn't glance at me at all.

Marcus on the other he wouldn't shut up. He first started off with how delicious the food was then how was his day so exciting and suddenly the table reminded him of his late grandma. Like what? He said that it has the same color of her eyes.

I kept quite but nodded my head occasionally not to seem rude. Diana seemed lost in her own world. I shifted my eyes towards the table that Jason and his friends used to sit on, but the only people who sat there right now were Luke and Zack.

Out of a sudden, I cought Brad and Ed from the corners of my eyes walking through the cafeteria's doors and heading this way. Both of them sat right next to Marcus.

"Hey."

"Sup,"

They both greeted with a smile before they sat down. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. I wanted to ask them why were they here–sitting here, but they all started a conversation like it was very normal everyday occasion. Diana didn't seem to notice them at all. What was wrong with her? 

"Umm... I don't mean to be rude or anything, but how come you're sitting here and not there?" I pointed to the table where Zack and Luke sat.

"It's complicated. We are kinda not talking to each other right now. " Marcus said stabbing his food with his fork without actually eating anything and avoiding eye contact.

"Why? What happened?" I asked.

"It is a long story. You don't have to worry about that." Ed said. We all snapped our eyes at him. It was the first time I heard him talk. I think we were all shocked to hear him speak actually. He was the kind of a person who keeps to himself rather than share his opinions.

Someone barged through the doors running into the cafeteria. I gasped and our eyes met. He looked at me for a minute before he turned his gaze to the wall. I stared at Jason both confused and shocked. All of a sudden the three boys in front of me left their food that they were eating and stared at the center of the table. As if they were focusing on something. I turned to Diana to see if she noticed, but she did the exact same. I felt incredibly uncomfortable. They seem to snap out of it after a few seconds, and all of them shared a look between themselves with concern.

"Sorry, but we have to go. " it took me a while to realize that Brad was talking to me. The three guys stood up and followed behind Jason as they left the cafeteria.

Diana still didn't bother to look at me. The tension was so thick you can slightly see it. I couldn't take it anymore. I hate seeing her like this.

"Diana?"

She looked at me with her wide blue eyes. She stayed quiet though waiting for me to continue.

"Since today is Thursday and the dance is on Saturday, would you like to go shopping with me tomorrow after school? I have nothing to wear really." I smiled.

Her face lit up, and all the stress that was on her face melted away. 

"Sure I would love to, but only in one condition, "she shirped raising one finger in the air. I sighed knowing she was back to herself. Well sort of.

"What?"

"That I will come to your house on Saturday and we can both do our make over... Deal? "