Chapter 14 - Unexpected Sights

Ben closed his eyes and felt a strange warmth rise in his chest. He tightened his grip on Rey's hands on his chest and tilted his head to get closer to her face. He looked at her from the side and said quietly: "Is it really like that?" there was a slight doubt in his voice, but with a hopeful undertone, "I mean something to you? Anything?"

She slowly turned her head so that she touched his forehead and answered openly and honestly what just came to her mind: "Yes, you mean something to me, it was from the first moment we met, even if we do not had a good start" she smiled slightly at this understatement," but our bond was always strong, more than we initially wanted to admit." She paused, then she said hesitantly, "I'm not sure if you want to hear that but I know with complete certainty that you are equal to me, complete me, that only together with you I am a whole, if that makes any sense for you."

He did not say anything. In fact, he seemed frozen like a beautiful statue. After a few silent seconds Rey was embarrassed because of her previous openness. She began to regret what she had told him her feelings. She wanted to free herself from the grip of his hands to pull back. But at that moment Ben turned around, pulling her to her knees, taking her face between his big hands and kissing her on the mouth. She was overwhelmed and could only cling to his arms to experience the conquest of her mouth through him with astonishment and increasing excitement.

The kiss was firm and intense, like everything Ben put into action. Their bodies touched each other just a little and Rey's shirt got wet from Ben's moist skin. Rey barely noticed it, her senses focused on the touch of her lips and her knees giving in, if she had not clung to his arms.

He held her face between his huge trembling hands as if she were as fragile as porcelain and she could feel his fingertips brushing gently through her thick curls. It was just an overwhelming feeling, even more intense than what she had already felt at the kiss in the clearing after the fight training. She had until then thought that it was not possible to feel more excitement. She leaned her head further back and let him go.

After a few seconds Ben finished the kiss slowly and she opened her eyes slightly dazed. He had not let her go, kept his hands on her cheeks, fingers in her hair. He just looked down at her with those dark eyes in which a storm seemed to rage. She got his look and simply understood. She felt he could not put his emotions into words at that moment, because those feelings were so scary and strong. Fear of closeness coupled with the desire to be close to her, because of the things she had said to him.

His eyes begged her to understand. She raised a hand to his scarred cheek and carefully brushed his dark curls from his face to stroke the scar. "It's ok, I know." she said softly to him, "I know that it is hard for you to allow this closeness and to believe me and that you still long for exactly this on the other hand." She stroked him gently, like a shy maltreated animal that was about to run away from her: "I understand the conflict, you do not have to explain anything to me, you do not have to say anything. Just believe that you can trust me, I do not ask for more."

He was still shaking slightly, but the storm in his eyes subsided and the tension in his body eased a bit. Then he slowly pushed the pent-up air out of his lungs and pulled Rey into his huge arms. She closed her eyes and breathed in relief as well, that he trusted her so much. She wrapped her arms around his body and put her hands on his broad back. Her head on his neck, she inhaled satisfied the typical smell for him and felt ... at home.

Minutes they held each other in their arms, then suddenly the mood changed. Rey realized that the few fabrics separating her two bodies were soaked too. Nothing remained hidden from her body under the thin white fabric and the heat of Ben's skin transferred to her own, as if there was nothing left between them.