41. A Horror Night

Hello People. Don't kill me after reading the chapter. There was a point explained in it.

Happy Reading...

Murthy house

Manik reaches Murthy house in the fastest way possible and in the shortest duration of time. After reaching there, he checked the surroundings and found everything to be normal. He called Nandu.

Call

Manik: Hello Nandu. Are you fine?

Nandu(whispered): Yes.

Manik: Open the door. I am standing outside.

Nandu(scaredly): Manik. What if the person is inside somewhere. What if he is waiting for me to just come out. What if..

Manik(explained softly): Nandini. Nandu, take a deep breath and just open the door. Main hoon na yahi. I am still on the call. Kuch nahi hoga tumhe.

Nandu: ok.

While Manik still being on the call, the door gets opened and someone flung into his arms. Manik cuts the call and hugs her tight after shoving his mobile into the pocket. He stroked her hair to calm her down.

After a while, when Manik realized they are still at the doorstep, he forcefully tried breaking the hug but Nandu didn't even move an inch. Having no other way, he picked her up and she hid herself in the crook of his neck. He pushed the weird sensations that were happening inside his body owing to the situation at hand.

Taking her inside, he made her sit in the living room also switching on the lights on the way and sat beside her.

Manik(softly): Nandu, what happened? I don't think there's anyone here.

Nandu(blabbered, looking down): I am sorry, Manik. Bhai Delhi gaye hai and chacha, chachi might be sleeping. I was thinking whether to call you or not, aur galti se call lag gaya. Sorry to disturb you at this time of night. I am..

Manik(shaking her a bit): Nandu relax. You didn't disturb me. Ab call kar diya and I am here. Beside you. Batao mujhe, kya hua? Why are you this scared?

She fidgets with her fingers nervously. Seeing this, Manik stands up abruptly and starts to walk when he felt a tug on his hand. Turning he saw Nandu looking at him with all possible questions. Patting her head, he said.

Manik: Nandini, pani lane ja raha hun. I will be right back.

She leaves his hand hesitatingly. Manik comes back with a bottle of water and hands her, asking her to drink. She gulps down the water.

Manik: Now tell.

Nandu(stuttering badly): Manik...I..happened to watch a horror film and it had all those super extra effects. I started feeling someone's presence at home. It was scary.

Seeing her stammering, Manik hugged her and started patting her head softly.

Manik(cooed): It's ok. See, I am here right. Koi nahi hai yahan.

He waited for her breathing to become normal before asking.

Manik(looking around): Where's kaka?

Nandu: he had some work at his village. He will return in two days.

Manik nods. They stay still in the same position, Manik being lost in his thoughts. Suddenly breaking the hug, he stood up and forwarded his hand to hers. Confused, she took it. Holding it tight, he took her to her room.

Manik(declared): Pack your bags. We are staying at my place.

Nandu(hesitatingly): Manik, it's really not needed. I am fine.