03

03: Vanessa's POV

"Rachel, we don't have to work until five," I groaned when I felt a constant nudge on my shoulder. The shaking done to my body was gentle and awakening, only the fact that there was no point to be awaken at such time is what irritated me.

  "I'm sorry ma'am, the master said to wake you and bring you breakfast," an unknown voice spoke.  Shooting up from the bed and looking around the room, I spotted a pair of brown eyes that took the small shape of an almond. She was an older woman who seemed to be in her 60's, her gray hair that was pulled up in a bun and her wrinkles were slightly visible as she gave me a wide smile  —  proof of my prediction.

  "I see why he has taken an interest towards you," She says with a bright smile gracing her features as she took in my appearance.  Confusion was booming through my mind and I just couldn't seem to figure out what exactly was going on. From the numerous movies I've seen, usually, the person who gets kidnapped isn't treated as kindly as I am being treated at the moment. 

My skin was suddenly blotchy with sweat and I found myself inhaling more air just to ensure I was breathing. "W-where am I?" I stutter, forcing myself to stay strong, no desire in showing my weakness.

Her smile casually fades and eventually deepens into a frown.  Tears were threatening to spill from my eyes as I looked up at the lady. I was taken away from my job, my education, and my closest friend, but yet I am clueless as to who did it, and why.  "I'm so sorry, sweetie," and with that, she set the tray on my lap and left the room, her face suddenly observing the floor as if it's the most interesting thing she's ever seen. 

After her figure departed from the room, questions and fear started to surface in my mind setting me in a deep thought.  My body was quivering in wonder and dismay that I couldn't even process my own living nightmare.  Acknowledging my surroundings, windows cover one whole side of the huge room, leaving a beautiful view of New York, but as I inspect, none of them have the ability to open. Meaning, that even if I were dumb enough to jump, I wouldn't be able to do it because I can never just jump away from my problems. 

No matter what, I have to stick with all of my emotions— even through death because not even that is strong enough to just vaporize everything I've been through.  I look down to see the food that has been made for me— two very fluffy pancakes with a side of cut-up kiwis, blueberries, watermelon, and strawberries. I stab my pancake with my fork and inspect it for a while, before doing the same thing to the fruit.

Honestly, I don't know exactly what I was looking for, I guess I was just trying to find a reason not to eat the food.  My stomach grumbled in hunger as I stare down at the pancake, wondering if I should eat it or be stubborn and leave it alone, hopefully, to gain some type of anger from whoever is responsible for my kidnapping. My thoughts were still chasing each other like wild dogs as I kept worrying about my situation and what I should do to get out of here.

I start by slowly slicing my pancake at a leisurely pace, and as I bring the delicious piece of pancake that was bathed in syrup into my mouth, the door opens. 

"Hello, Vanessa," A very deep, husky but oddly familiar voice says. I looked up to see, "Lucifer?"

Lucifer looked oddly different than before, he used to have a nice clean shaven face which now is replaced with the slight amount of hair growing around his jawline, and his strong built he had all those years ago — resembles more of a bulky man who is far more muscular than ever before.

"W-why am I here?" I mutter as I place down the food on the nightstand. My body's trembling almost caused the food to slip from my hand. 

"Because, I want what is mine-," He states, and in the blink of an eye he is directly in front of me, my eyes accidentally traveled down to his shoes which were looking mighty polished and expensive. His hand roughly grabbed some of my hair and yanked my head up to meet his eye. The pain from the pull on each strand of hair had me whimpering and squirming around to be removed from his harsh grip.  "And you, my Vanessa, are mine," he said using the pad of his thumb to trace my bottom lip.