Frank Iero x Reader - Everybody wants Somebody

Requested on Tumblr
Word
count: 1 911

It was only a few minutes until lunch break, but you barely noticed. You were far too concentrated on secretly watching your crush. It was black, disheveled hair and pale skin, a red flannel and long, thin fingers with which he gesticulated while answering the teacher's question. His name was Jake and you had been head over heels for him for almost two months now. If you had not been so shy you probably would have had the courage to talk to him already, maybe even asked him out. But you were not very self-confident and Jake was one of the most popular students. The chances to get a date with him were slim, but not zero. You had in fact talked to him a few times. You were good in English literature and he was not, so he had asked you for help. In the beginning you had believed he was flirting with you, but now you were not so sure anymore because he had made no further move. Maybe he was waiting for you to approach him? What were the chances that he would reject you if you asked him out? Not that you were planning to, just out of interest.

You were torn out of your thoughts by the ringing of the bell that announced lunch break. Quickly you got up and packed your stuff. Jake was slower than you so you walked past him, able to get a glance at his face. His lips were red and he was smiling brightly about something his best friend had just told him. When you walked past him, he looked up at you with piercing blue eyes and nodded. You smiled at him and quickly walked out of the classroom, your heart beating a hundred miles an hour.

When you reached your locker, your best friend Frank was waiting for you already. He had short black hair, a lip and a nose piercing and wore earrings.

"What's up," he asked as you unlocked your locker to put your things inside.

"The usual," you answered bored. Frank was a great friend, but sometimes he tended to overlook other peoples' misery which made it hard to have a serious conversation with him. Yet he was the only one who knew about your crush on Jake. Who else would you tell? He was your closest friend, if anyone could keep a secret of yours, it was him.

Satisfied with your response he hummed and waited for you to finish with your locker before you walked to the lunch room together. As usual you sat in a corner of the room from where you could perfectly see Jake's table. He sat there with some of his friends and was laughing.

Frank noticed your repeated looks at the other table and sighed.

"Still him?"

"Yeah," you muttered between two bits of your food.

"You really should go talk to him or something," Frank suggested. "I'm sick of seeing you so lovesick for this guy." Frank was always careful not to mention Jake's name in public, to make sure no one overheard anything and knew too much.

"I can't just go over and ask him out, though, can I?" Bitterly you took a sip from your water and looked helplessly at Frank. "He'd just plainly reject me!"

"That's because he doesn't know you! Maybe you can ask him if he needs help with literature and you can help him study. This way he gets to know you better, I mean, he has already asked for help before, hasn't he?"

Frank had a point and you hated to admit it. "Yeah, but maybe he got better and doesn't need my help anymore..." You were not sure if you actually wanted to get to know Jake better or if you preferred staying in your happy little bubble, where he was perfect to you.

"If you don't ask, you'll never know," Frank reminded you.

You nodded. He was probably right. "I'll ask him tomorrow, okay? That's the plan. I'll ask him if he needs help with literature and if he doesn't, we'll think of something else."