John Shelby - 'A Royal Night Out 3'

"At this hour, when the... dreadful shadow of war has passed from our hearts and homes, we may turn our thoughts to the tasks all over the world, which Peace in Europe brings with it." You heard your father speak to his people; renouncing freedom to the people. "Today we give thanks to Almighty God for a great deliverance. Surrounded by my dear family, I am speaking to you from London, our empire's oldest capital city-"

"What a tosser." John muttered and you glared to him; shocked on what he had just said.

"But never for one moment daunted or dismayed, let us remember the fallen, their sacrifice in the face of a merciless enemy." You said nothing and allowed yourself to engross in your fathers speech; while looking at the happy smiling faces as they knew, freedom was theirs at last. "We are proud to have shared..."

"Which he'd know all about." John spoke up again and you slammed your hands on the table in front of you; making everyone turn.

"How dare you." You gasp in horror; John not giving a shit on what he had just said.

"You, little prick, are being disloyal and abusive to your sovereign." The barman defend your father; making you feel more confident. "The King is 10 times the man you are."

"He certainly is." You stood up; placing your hands on your hips and John rolled his eyes. Everyone looked to you him in shock and confusion.

"Oh, come on. You're not buying this load of bollocks, are you?" John scoffed and you shook your head in pure anger.

"Shut up." You yelled at him.

"You shut up." He glares back and you put your hand on your glass; ready to swill him.

"Stop it!" A old woman spoke with pain in her voice. "Nobody's gonna make me miserable today. I've waited too long for it."

"Sit down, love." Her husband soothes her.

"It is the children of our country..." Your fathers voice broke through the crowd of people.

"The King!" The bartender cheered.

"The King." Everyone said back - you looked to John; right in the eye and easing your glass mid air.

"The King!" You smirked; knowing John had lost. With one swift movement, John was throw out of the pub - landing with a thump on the ground.

He groaned out in pain as he tried to stand onto his feet. You watched him struggle and you could not help but feel sorry for him.

"If you ask me..." You began and he looked up to you.

"Which I wasn't." He grumbles. You ignored and carried on what you were saying.

"You got exactly what you deserved." You smirk; happy that he was defeated by his fellow people of England - for his rude remarks against the King and your own father.

"Thanks" He groans and stands up; grunting as he stands up  to his feet once more; walking past you - meanwhile you hurry after him.

"The King-" you call after him as he walks away. "Excuse me." He turns around and looks towards to you as he walks; rolling his eyes once more. "The King was trying jolly hard, as a matter of fact, to offer words of encouragement-"

"Well, he jolly well pissed me off." John snapped and put his hands in his pockets; while you still ran after him.

"Where are you going?" You called after him. "John please wait. I don't know where I am going."

"This way." He speaks dryly.

"I need to get to Trafalgar Square." You groaned. "The people in that public house love their king and their country."

"War's over, and for some reason I came back to the same old column-dodging posh gits with plummy voices on the wireless." John cockily spoke in a nasty tone. You scoffed at his choice of words.

"Plummy voices like mine, I suppose?" You raised an eyebrow in an unsurprised manner. 

"Exactly." He answered, smirking in a cocky way.

"Well, let me tell you something, mr cocky." You snap, turning his hand to face you. "My whole family served in this war-"

"Sandwiches, maybe." He scoffs and you frown (about to punch him. "La-di-da."

"As a matter of fact, my mother did exactly that in the Blitz." You shook your head in anger.

"And did you help with the sandwiches?" He belittled you.

"I'm in the Auxiliary Territorial Service, Mechanical Transport Training Section, Second Subaltern." You folded your arms; proud of your achievements.

"A bloody officer." He mockingly laughs. "In that dress. Lost your uniform? What are you, then, incognito?"

"Well, Yes" You shrug.

"How long?" He asks and you frown slightly.

"Incognito?" You question.

"ATS." He answers back and you raise an eyebrow.

"Eleven weeks." You proudly reply to him, meanwhile, he raises an eyebrow with a brief smile. He was arrogant but it only made you more attractive to him.

"Shoe." He says; making you frown in confusion. "Give me the shoe."

"Oh" you let out as you handed him your broken shoe, making you hand over your shoe to him.

"Handmade." He observes as he smacks the heel against the wall; fixing the shoe perfectly; before handing it back over to you. "Family well off by any chance?"

"We manage." You muttered, wanting to avoid all talk of wealth and money.

"Hmm." He stares towards you. "And your sister is lost."

"Well, that's what I've been trying to tell you." You huff as you follow after the man, who keeps walking away from you. Shoving your shoe back on, you follow him through the alley way. "Will you please take me to Trafalgar Square?"

"No." He shakes his head; turning to you as he holds out a hand.

"Why not?" You furrow your eyebrows in confusion; thinking how could someone be so rude to make such a comment.

"Because... We're already here." He smiles and he held onto your hand. You gasp as you look around the place; seeing people dancing away and being merry. "Come on."

You follow after him; entrusting the man that he will help you find your sister, in the big city of London.