eight.

author notes. Some parts of this
chapter i wrote myself. :)

eight. DRUNK MUCH? 

       "HARRY! I'm back!" Valerie announced as she entered their house

"HARRY! I'm back!" Valerie announced as she entered their house. She removed her jacket and slid her heels off. Valerie had just returned from a mission that was given to her by Arthur at a gala event.

"I'm upstairs!" Harry announced. Valerie placed her purse on the table and walked up the stairs.

"The mission was so tiring. My feet hurts, disgusting men keep trying to dance with me, and I'm just utterly tired from fighting." Valerie complains, as she walked down the hall. She made her way to his office, knowing that he'll be in there because he always is in there finishing his work.

She turned the knob to open the door. As she walked into the room, her foot slipped and she closed her eyes waiting for the impact, but she never fell.

She felt herself wrapped in a pair of arms, "thanks Harry." She chuckles, looking up only to not see it was Harry who saved her. "Eggsy?" She questioned, confused to why he's here so late at night.

"Hello, love." He greets with a smile.

"Hey, Eggsy." Valerie returned the smile and stood up straight. "Thank you for helping me." She adds, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear.

"You're welcome, gorgeous." Eggsy winks. Valerie chuckles nervously and looks away from him because she could feel her cheeks heating up.

"What are you guys talking about though?" Valerie questions. She took a seat on Harry's desk and wait for them to continue talking.

"Eggsy was questioning to why I hang these magazine papers on my wall." Harry replies, as Eggsy continues to look at all the magazine covers that were hanged on the wall.

" "Germany, 1, England, 5." " Eggsy spoke, pointing at one of them.

"Missed that game. I was breaking up an undercover spy ring at the Pentagon." Harry explains. Eggsy moves onto another one and pointed at it. It was the one at the right corner on the first row.

"My first mission. Foiled the assassination of Margaret Thatcher." Harry says as he watched Eggsy walk to a seat.

"Not everybody would thank you for that one." Eggsy said.

"The point is, Eggsy, nobody thanked me for any of them. Front page news on all these occasions was celebrity nonsense." Harry states, "Because it's the nature of Kingsman that our achievements remain secret. A gentleman's name should appear in the newspaper only three times." Harry continued to speak. "When he's born, when he marries, and when he dies. And we are, first and foremost, gentlemen."

"That's me fucked then." Eggsy speaks as he leans back in his seat. "It's like Charlie said. I'm just a pleb."

"Nonsense." Harry says, "Being a gentleman has nothing to do with the circumstances of one's birth. Being a gentleman is something one learns." Harry explains.

"Yeah, but how?" Eggsy questioned, shaking his head because he doesn't believe that he can be a gentleman.

"All right, first lesson. You should've asked me
before you took a seat." Harry said. Eggsy releases a sigh and looks down at the seat. "Second lesson ... how to make a proper martini." Harry adds and Eggsy smirks.

"Yes, Harry." He agrees. The three of them all got out of their seats and made their way down to the kitchen.

The boys gathered the things they needed for a martini and Valerie just watched as they prepared it. They all shared some laughs, Valerie and Harry talked about their many missions, Eggsy spoke about his life and they all just had a great time preparing the martinis.

"Wow, you're awful." Valerie chuckles as she gets up from her seat and makes her way over to Eggsy.

"Help me then." He says with a smile. Eggsy watched Valerie as she mixed all the things together. To him, she just looked very beautiful. He noticed her hair was curled and she had more makeup on then she usually does, but that's mainly because she was at a gala event for a mission.

Valerie noticed him staring and looked at him. "What are you looking at?" She asked, as she handed him a cup of martini.

"You just look really beautiful." He admits.

Valerie blushes, "t-thank you, Eggsy." She stutters.

"Okay, I'm leaving." Harry says as he leaves the kitchen and making his way back to his office. He left the two alone in hope that they would just admit their feelings for each other. Valerie cursed him under her breath. She felt that it was going to be awkward because she's such an awkward person.

"So, how was your mission?" Eggsy asked.

"It was good as always." Valerie replies taking a seat besides Eggsy. She held her glass close to her and crossed her left leg over her right. "How was your training?" She then asked, taking a sip of her drink.

4:05 am

Valerie and Eggsy sat on the sofa laughing loudly and still drinking their drinks.

Eggsy was still a bit sober, but Valerie was far gone. She drank far too much and doesn't want to accept the fact that she's drunk.

"You're beyond drunk, Val." Eggsy states as he stares at Valerie with a smile. He watched as she continued to laugh for no reason, but he doesn't want her to stop. He loves to see her smile. Eggsy believes that she looks utterly beautiful smiling.

"Am not, Eggy." Valerie jokes. "Watch this. I can walk in a straight line." She stands up from her seat and placed her drink down. She tries to stand straight and walk straight, but fails miserably. Valerie leans to far to the left and trips over her own feet.

"Ah!" She yelps.

Eggsy quickly got up from his seat and caught her before she made contact with the floor.

"My savior once again." She smiles looking into his green eyes with hers.

"We should go to bed." Eggsy suggests. He picks her up and began to walk up the stairs to her bedroom.

"Wow, you're so strong, mate." She states placing her hand on his chest and patting it.

He entered her bedroom and placed her on the bed.

"So, did you learn how to make a proper martini?" She questions as she watched him look for something.

"Yes I did." He replies, "now close your eyes. I'm going to remove your makeup." He informs.

"See, I knew you were a gentleman." Valerie says as she closes her eyes. "Charlie's the pleb. I mean, you did get farther then him in the training. He's such an arse." She continues, making Eggsy smile at her kind words.

"I'm done." He then said.

"Thank you, Eggsy." Valerie kindly says.

"You're welcome, love."