Chapter 16

Jin woke up when the sunlight fell on his cheeks

Jin woke up when the sunlight fell on his cheeks. He opened his eyes slowly and was met with an angel who was sleeping innocently beside him. His eyes were set on Jaehwa's face and he caressed her soft cheeks.

He could not understand how a mere human could make him feel this way. Like the world was beautiful and filled with warmth and that everything was perfect when in reality, it was the complete opposite.

He let out a sigh and got off the bed. He noticed the blanket was going to drop so he grabbed it and covered it over her body. She snuggled for more comfort and continued sleeping peacefully.

A smile appeared on his face as he watched her sleep. He brushed her hair off her face fondly and kissed her forehead.

"I'll protect you, my beautiful human."

••••••••••••••••••<>••••••••••••••••••

Yoongi had been stuck inside his own room and he couldn't even come up with a way out. It was impossible. The security of Min was way too high.

He glanced at the family photo that was situated on his table.

His mother, Eun, was well loved by Min but she loved another. During a certain night, the King made a mistake with Eun. Back then, Eun wasn't married yet and the king had an affair.

The two loved but their love was dropped into the drain. Knowing this incident, Min took advantage and not only married Eun but also threatened the king.

It was known to the royal family when Eun became pregnant.

The queen forgave her husband's mistake but not the human. Her heart couldn't bear to see the woman who slept with his man so Eun was banished from the kingdom. The news was announced that the mother of the half breed died at the moment of birth.

Min showered his love to Eun and they married. However, Min was greedy with power and went to kidnap Jin who was replaced by Yoongi. Eun really died when she gave birth to Taehyung as she wasn't allowed to travel back to the Wonderland which was the safest place to give birth to a coloured eyed.

Hatred grew and Min started to execute his scheme to overthrow the king after careful planning and becoming a president. He burned down the entire kingdom and pretended to be a human himself.

Taehyung was the victim of his father's abuse. His purple eye reminded Min of how he was not part of the royalty. That was the result of a greedy purple eyed person who tried to retaliate against the king. He would never be able to enjoy what he had achieved.