two.

"JUNE, WHAT'S YOUR DREAM?" Chloe questioned the girl, downing another shot

"JUNE, WHAT'S YOUR DREAM?" Chloe questioned the girl, downing another shot. The two friends had been at the bar all night. June having a bad second date, and Chloe wanting to take her mind off of the case she was working. Chloe didn't know why she was sitting at a bar asking someone to pour her drink after drink. She usually tried to stay away from alcohol after seeing what it done to people around her all of the time.

"Honestly, to be like you," June replied earning a confused stare from the other girl who was now sipping whiskey out of a cup. "I mean be a private investigator. I'm tired of being the girl behind the desk patching calls through. My dream is to be something more than a receptionist."

"As much as I am flattered by you wanting to follow my footsteps, please don't. Being a private investigator seems so cool when you think about it. Then when you actually get in the field, it feels like all hell breaks loose on you. Some of the cases you work on are so terrible. Some of them leave you questioning everything you've ever done. Some leave you wanting to quit your job. Maybe you're helping people reunite which is a positive thing. The negative thing though, you feel like you're getting sucked into the middle of it all. The heartache. You learn so much about a person's life it physically hurts you knowing what they go through when it gets bad."

Her voice trembled as she spoke the words to the girl who wanted to be someone other than a receptionist. The words all described how she felt working on Bucky's case. Learning the things you never want to learn about a person can wreck you. People try to cover it up, but it's almost like you can feel that person's pain. Like you're connected now and you experience what they felt just by reading the stories.

"I just want to help people." June sighed getting a refill on her martini.

"Help people by becoming a teacher, a doctor, a real police officer. Being a private investigator is a great job, but so tiring and you don't want to go through that." Chloe looked down in her cup and started to swish the liquid around. She downed the drink and then turned to her friend with a small huff. "Lets go dance!" The blonde jumped down off of her stool and grabbed onto her friend's hand, dragging her out to the dance floor.

They pushed between sweaty bodies to get somewhere in the middle of the big crowd. June and Chloe started to dance wildly to the song that was playing over the speakers. They moved to the beat of the song with the biggest smiles on their faces. "This is much better than a date!" June yelled over the sound of the music mixed with the people yelling all around them. Chloe nodded and continued to dance for the remainder of the night since she had the next day off from work along with June.

After a while, Chloe looked at her phone seeing that it was midnight. She turned towards her dancing bestfriend and sighed, "How about we get out of here and find an open diner, I'm hungry." She spoke in the girls ear so she wouldn't have to yell like June did early in the night. June agreed to the idea of food and together the two made their way out to a diner.

The cold air hit their faces when they stepped out of the club making their hair fly all over the place. June stood towards the wall searching on her phone for a diner that was still open. Chloe, on the other hand, was looking at their surroundings when she looked across the street and caught a glimpse of who she thought could be the Winter Soldier. Her heart skipped a beat at the sight of him, but when she shook her head and blinked, he was gone. As a reflex, she walked towards the edge of the curb and started looking everywhere then, looking everywhere to see if he was really there or if she was actually seeing things from drinking.

"I found one! It's just down the road from our apartment complex," June exclaimed as she walked up to where her friend stood. "What are you looking for?"

Chloe met the eyes of her friend and started to shake her head, "Uh, nothing. Just thought I saw someone I knew a while back." She sighed. "So, this diner's down the road from our place?" Chloe grabbed onto her hand and they both walked down the street, laughing like they always did. Pretty much anytime they were together, they were laughing. Nothing could be funny and they would just look at each other and start laughing.

Food was the only thing on Chloe's mind, except for the fact that she hallucinated seeing the Winter Solider standing just across the street from her. Chloe just wanted the food and wanted her bed, she wanted to eat and sleep for the rest of eternity. So, when she got that food, happiness surrounded her and nothing else mattered in the world.

June had left early wanting to sleep before she went out the next day for work, but Chloe stayed in the diner eating away. Once she did go home, it was a long, lonely walk for the girl. She trudged home with a plastic cup in her hand now sober instead of intoxicated from the drinks she had. The sound of her keys hitting the floor made her wince as she bent down and got them, fumbling with each key until she finally found the one to her door.

She walked in her apartment with a loud yawn coming from her as she kicked off the heels and threw her clutch and phone down on the desk in her room. As she turned around, she was met with the silhouette of a tall, built figure standing in front of her window. She froze in place and shrieked making the person turn around. Not knowing what to do, Chloe threw her drink at the person making the drink fly around her room from the impact.

Her light turned on showing the face of the person she thought she was only imagining seeing. Her hand flew to her phone until it was stopped and her body was pressed up against the wall. A hand clasped around her neck making her hands fly towards the person's wrist as her eyes went wide due to fear filling her.

"Bucky..."