loki & thor - admiration [r]

a.n, just super fluffy and sweet !! based before the first thor film. there will be two endings, one with thor and one with loki. you can read either or both ;) i hope this is what you wanted ! - requested by @MelonMambo -
(just realised after writing that Loki has a longer ending. I kinda apologise if this seems slanted to Loki in anyway? He's one of my faves so that might have seeped in. Sorry!)

You had grown up with the two brothers. Your mother had fought along side Odin, and so when she fell pregnant he was happy to see her soon-to-be child grow up among his. The three of you were the best of friends, and you helped the brothers through hard times and they did the same for you. Your friendship with them was unbreakable- until both brothers realised their love for you.

***
"Good morning Loki!" you called, spotting the dark haired brother in the large palace garden. His chest instantly tightened, the familiar sickness filling his stomach. He swallowed immediately, readying himself for any conversation with you.
"Good morning to you too, (y/n)"
His voice wavered slightly, his sight instantly captivated by the beautiful (e/c) of your eyes.
"What're you reading?" you ask, leaning closer to the boy to peak at the writing.

You study the words, which make little to no sense, and you assume it's some sort of spell book. Loki notices your hair, and how it's beginning to fall over your face. Bravery washes over the pale boy and he tucks your locks behind your ear, his hand instantly retreating back to his lap. You giggle slightly, touching where his hand had once been.

"Thank you Loki,"
"Y- you're we-. My- my pleasure,"
You gently place your hand on top of his, caressing his white skin ever so slightly.

"BROTHER!" Thor shouts, causing the younger to jump. Your hand flys to your side, flashing a sweet smile to the green and black clothed brother.
"Yes Thor?" Loki says through gritted teeth. He believed this was it; you two sat in the garden together, your hand on his, and he'd close the space between you, finally expressing his deep admira-
"I just wanted to congratulate you on perfecting a new spell! It was rather magnificent, in fact- there are some girls round the corner who'd like to see it,"

You instantly hunch back, Loki seeing this as you being jealous- that must be it, right?

"Hop off little brother," Thor smiles widely, grinning at how he won this round. The boys admired you, which sparked a competition between the two.

Loki sighs, standing up to allow Thor to sit next to you, giving him a sickly sweet smile. You grab his hand,
"Do you have to go Loki?"
His heartbeat quickens instantly, the familiar tightening taking over his chest again.
"I like it when it's us three," you smile to Thor, also grabbing his hand- intertwining your fingers with both brothers.

The men freeze in shock, giving confused looks to one another. This was a game, sure, but you went ahead and just gave one big mixed signal.

"Yes, I'm sure I can stay. Those girls will just have to wait!"
Thor rolls his eyes, only to receive a squeeze from your hand as you notice it.
"Don't be so mean," you whisper to him, allowing your face to hover close to his. The blond blushes- only slightly- his cheek dusting the same colour as his cape. Meanwhile Loki's swarms with the green of envy.

"I haven't had any breakfast yet," you pout, pulling your hands back to your sides, standing up to head to the dining room.
"Let me assist you!" both brothers call in unison, giving each other dirty look.
"Well then come along!" you call, briskly walking ahead from the squabbling pair.

The two walk behind, intensely watching you in all your glory. Loki takes note of how soft your hair looks, and just how much joy he'd receive from braiding it while you laid in his lap. Thor watches your legs, and how your dress would allow them to slip free now and again. He thinks about how velvety they would feel against his corse hands, and that he'd caress them gently.