Ch.22

When Hermione stepped in her department, she almost ran right into Ken.

"Hermione!"

"Morning Ken." Hermione smiled up at him.

"Wow, you look gorgeous as ever." He said sincerely.

The old Hermione would've stuttered and blushed terribly but after hearing so many compliments from Draco and Blaise, she'd gotten more used to being complimented and now only a slight blush graced her features.

"Thanks Ken. How was your weekend?"

"Terrible."

"Why?"

"Some of the people here discovered my address. I don't know how but they did. I felt like as if someone was watching me constantly. And then they kept leaving pies at my door. My refrigerator is so full of pies, I can't get to the rest of my food."

"That's." Hermione grimaced. "Disturbing. And Ken, don't eat the pies without doing a spell to check them."

"It is disturbing. And why?"

"Love potion." Was all Hermione said.

Ken got a frightened look in his eyes. "Thanks for the warning. That didn't even cross my mind." He said paling. "I wish I could find someone that could keep them at bay."

"That's all the requirements in your dream woman?" Hermione asked, laughing.

"No but that's certainly number one. I guess I want someone with strong personality. Confident in herself. Someone like you would be preferable." Ken winked. "But without the scary fiancé."

"How'd you know?"

"The ring's hard to miss Hermione Granger." He grinned, nodding towards her hand.

Hermione opened her mouth as if to say oh. She then blushed. "Yes well. Ken could you please not tell anyone? I'm trying to keep it a secret." She said as she turned the ring around so that the gorgeous diamond was no longer able to be seen.

"My lips are sealed. When you're done with the case file on the Otto case, can you give it to me? I think I might've found a loophole in the investigation."

"Really? Of course."

!

Hermione was utterly busy thinking about what loophole that Ken had discovered that she didn't notice how jittery Anna, her secretary was. She didn't even notice how Anna nearly jumped out of her skin when she spotted Hermione.

"Hey Anna, do I have any messages?" Hermione asked just looking up from the papers briefly.

"No." Anna shook her head.

"Oh." Hermione said surprised. She'd been gone all weekend and had no messages? That was a first. "I guess I'll just catch up with the cases then." Hermione said walking up to her door.

"No, don't wait!" Anna all but yelled as she lunged herself at Hermione.

"Anna!" Hermione cried when Anna latched onto her bag.

"You can't go in!"

"Why not?" Hermione asked confused, while trying to look at Anna for signs of something really wrong.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't. I tried to say no, I did but..." She began to ramble.

"Anna just spit it out."

"There you are." Another voice said as they opened Hermione's office door.

!

Hermione looked up and to her shock, there right in front of her stood Sadie Rayne looking like as if she stepped right out of a fashion magazine. She wore a strapless blue dress that made her eyes pop even more so. Her hair was up in a loose bun, some tendrils falling out but almost in a calculated fashion. Hermione couldn't help but notice how tall and gorgeous the model was.