23

NB:🤗yayy my chaps are back in order.

Zenia's POV

I sat down on the chair, very close to the table, staring at my reflection in the mirror as if I had never seen myself before. Digesting a successful finish, I rose from the chair, held up the long train of my maid of honor dress and made my way to the limousine that awaited me and Mom's arrival.

I stared out the window for the entire ride to the cathedral where my sister would be joined in holy matrimony with Evan Hollen. Their wedding day had finally arrived, and I was rather excited for her. She deserved him, and he deserved her; they made each other happy.

I smiled as I thought about Jevan and the potty mouth he possessed. He was such a delightful child and I loved him so much.

The limousine came to a halt upon reaching the church. I stepped out and Mom followed suit. I quickly walked to one of the chambers where Jasmine was waiting. She was crying with happiness as I knocked and entered the small room.

"Hey, so today is the day," I greeted.

She wiped her tears away with some tissues and turned around to me-- makeup ruined. I knew this would happen so I had carried my tiny makeup kit along.

I wiped away the first makeup application. Starting with a clean face, I applied moisturizer followed by a primer. I filled in her eyebrows and cleaned the harsh edges with a concealer. I color corrected the dark spots on her face then applied the foundation that matched her skin tone. We had the same complexion so my foundation worked great for her as well.

I blended it into her skin, making certain it had a flawless finished. I highlighted her forehead, underneath her eyes, nose bridge and chin. I blended it into her skin with a makeup sponge. I used my ELF setting powder and Black Opal Deluxe Finishing Powder to set and finish her look.

Lastly, I applied a nude pink lipstick to her lips and shimmering gold lighter to her sharp cheekbones.

"Thank you so much. You're the best," she said as she admired my work.

"Tell me something I don't know," I replied.

She slipped out from the tiny dress she was wearing and stepped into her extremely beautiful wedding dress. It fit her so perfectly, and she looked like a powerful queen in it.

Slayed.

"I'm so happy for you, Jasmine. Your happily ever after is happening."

Hugging her again, we heard the music in the background, secretly signalling the maid of honor, bridesmaids and flower girls.

"It's time."

She exhaled deeply, looked at herself in the mirror, held up her bouquet of flowers and nodded her head. "I'm ready."

As we stepped out the room, we met our father's ugly face.

"Hello daughters."

My blood came to a boil instantly, but I tried to control myself. Today was about Jasmine and not him.

"What are you doing here?" Jasmine asked him softly, but I heard the anger in her voice.

"Can I please have the honor of walking you down the aisle?" His eyes flooded with tears and pleads and for the first, I actually felt sorry for the man.

"No," Jasmine responded.

He looked like he had been knocked down off a high horse.

"Jasmine," I said with a pleading look on my face now, "maybe you could just give him this one opportunity."