173

"Amelia?" Audrey met eyes with mine from the end of the aisle

I was paralyzed, staring at her staring at me with her jaw to the floor. She looked exactly how I remembered her, besides her hair being a lot longer. My heart started to race as she stared at me like a ghost.

I didn't know what to say, I was in such a difficult spot. My best friend, the girl I told everything too was standing in front of me and for the first time I didn't know what to say to her. She scanned my body, stopping at my stomach when she sees the noticeable baby bump.

Her hand snaps over her mouth, he eyes wider then ever. An when I blinked she was running at me with tears in her eyes.

"Oh my god oh my god!" She yells, crashing into my arms.

She still smells of that perfume, I always found she put way too much on- but smelling it again just made me feel warm in familiarity. She held me tightly, my arms holding her just as firm.

When she pulled her head back, her eyes were red and I couldn't tell what she was thinking.

"Where did you- how did you- Amelia you've been gone for months! I thought you were dead! Your parents! Your m-mom has been sending people out everywhere for you! You disappeared that day and I thought you were killed b-by Malign-"

"Audrey, please calm down for a moment. I know this all seems crazy right now but I'm fine- I'm great." I run her arms.

She looks down at my stomach and is quick to look back up at me.

"Y-you're pregnant. Amelia what the hell happened to you! How did you get pregnant? Who got you pregnant? I need answers right now. Do your parents even know you're alive?"  She starts to hyperventilate, her voice getting louder in nerves.

"Audrey please calm dow-"

"Why haven't you called! Why haven't you told me you were okay! Amelia you vanished off the phase of the earth! And now I find you in a birthday card aisle months later?"

"Audrey-"

"I need to tell your parents, I need to tell people you're oka-!"

"Audrey!" I turn her so her back is against the shelves, snapping my hand over her mouth so she stops talking. "Listen to me. I know I've vanished, and I'm sorry I haven't been in contact but I can't right now. It's complicating, very complicating. I didn't choose to leave that day, I was taken. But please believe me when I tell you everything is fine. I'm sorry Audrey, I never wanted to leave you without a trace- but things are hard. You cannot tell my parents you saw me today, promise?" I ask while moving my hand away.

"Amelia they need to know you're alive."

"I know, and I plan on going to see them very soon. Please Audrey, you can't tell anyone you saw me today. Theirs so much going on and my name can't be out in the open right now." I tell her.