0.04

Hunter and assassin met where they had planned, and the older of the two was much more happy for their return. Mitch Rapp used to be able to trust Argent, however, in time he had went through too many hardships because of his loyalty and trust in others. It continues to depress Rapp how even if someone were to die for him he most likely would still not fully trust that person. Trust was just another problem for the perfect assassin.

Plane rides were a hard pill to swallow for Rapp, so he decided this would be the best time to sleep. If anyone even muttered his name or his actual name he would wake up with a start, and that definitely did not go unnoticed by the hunter who continued to be more and more confused about his passenger.

Argent watched in a non-creepy way as the man slept, and after awhile something clicked in the man’s mind. He had a feeling Mitch was a killer from the glares and body language that he showed. But, this observation was just another addition to the list of strange things the man does. As he slept he was in a state of consciousness, and Argent only knew that to be awake and somewhat asleep at the same time was a trick that many fighters in Asia used. The trick allowed someone's body and mind to receive rest, yet the person was still alert and could hear things around them like they were underwater. This was not something you pick up overnight, and the never ending mystery that is Mitch Rapp became more of a mess.

--------

“Mr.Rapp, we are landing in California soon.”

The news was thankfully received only verbally, and no hand was placed on his shoulder, which was a good thing because his instincts would have had the assistant on the plane in a deadly situation.

His eyes were as sharp as ever, even though he just woke up. He spotted Argent in the farthest chair away from him.

"Mitch," Chris said, even though the name felt foreign.

"You don't really want to go to Beacon Hills, do you? Have you forgotten everyone who meant something to you?"

The set of questions had been on Chris' mind since the plane had taken off. The more he thought about it, he already knew the answers, but refused to accept the confusing truth of the situation.

The hunter was missing something. Something big.

"Argent, since I like you I will keep it frank with ya. I am not coming back for a reunion or a party, in fact, I would appreciate it if you did not tell anyone of my where abouts. After this, I will disappear. You might as well forget me now."

Argent heard the words, he saw them flow from Mitchs' lips, yet he was determined to convince the man otherwise.

"Do you remember  when you were possessed by the Nogitsune, and dozens of people died as an aftermath? Do you remember how my daughter and Aidan nearly died?"

Just like that, he had said the wrong thing, and Rapp was looking out the window, desperately trying to block out flashbacks and memories. The blood, the pain, the chaos, and the deaths were all too familiar to be forgotten.

"I know you remember what happened, if you do not go see them they will continue to mourn you. How do you think they would feel to know about this...sure, they would be mad, but more than anything they would be happy and relieved."

"Stop Arg-"

"Why don't you want to be Stiles Stil-"

"I said stop Chris!"

Argent did just that.

In the process of trying to fix his pack mates, he had broken an old one. Unshed tears did not soften the glare Rapp wore, they just made him look more deadly.