three.

CHLOE'S HANDS DESPARATELY TRIED TO PRY THE MANS HAND OFF OF HER NECK

CHLOE'S HANDS DESPARATELY TRIED TO PRY THE MANS HAND OFF OF HER NECK. She could still talk and breathe, but her fear was making her feel like she was suffocating. Her eyes were on her hand wrapped around the Winter Soldier's wrist and when he finally let go, she gasped out of surprise. He didn't kill her. Didn't even hurt her or leave a scratch on her.

"You've been following me." His voice sent shivers up and down her spine as she pressed herself against the wall even more. In her mind, she wanted the wall to break down and she'd fall so she could run. "How long?"

"Four months." Chloe's hand was around her neck as she couldn't shake the feeling of his around hers. She couldn't shake the feeling of the fact that she could have died.

"Why? What made you start following me?"

"I'm a private investigator. I was hired by somebody to find everything I could about you, and find out where you are. My client wants me to call them as soon as I find you." A deep breath exited her mouth as she grabbed her phone slowly. "Guess I can call them now."

Bucky put his hand around her wrist and pushed it down on the desk next to the two, staring at her and not breaking the eye contact. "Don't call anyone or else I might have to kill you."

"If you wanted to kill me, you would have done it when you had your hand around my neck. You easily could have choked me to death." Her voice was stern, but still trembling. With everything she had, she was trying to put on a brave face and show him that she wasn't afraid. Deep down, she was terrified. Her heart was beating so fast it felt like it was a ticking time bomb ready to explode. "So, why are you here and what do you want?"

"I want your help. I don't know how much you found out about me, but I need help remembering who I was before." The grip he had on her wrist loosened and instead of calling Steve, she dropped her phone back on the desk. For once she wanted to try and fight for herself other than having someone come save her. She wanted to feel brave, and Bucky could sense it from the girls stance.

Hesitation came across her face as she watched him closely. Everything in her was trying to read him to see if he was lying. She prayed that his movement would give her a clear answer as to what she would do. Let him see the files or keep the files hidden. Tears filled her eyes and she didn't know why. Her head was pounding along with her heart. "I can't give you those files."

"I'm not the Winter Soldier right now. I'm Bucky Barnes and I need to know who I am. Help me."

"I can't. It's confidental information and the only other person who can really know is my client."

"Who's your client?"

"Again, confidental information, Barnes." Chloe rolled her eyes and picked up the cup that she threw earlier. She thanked God that her floor was hardwood and not carpet or else there would be a stain by now. She brushed past him, making him follow her as she walked towards the trash can and to get paper towels for the clean up. Not being able to hear him follow her, Chloe turned around and jumped once again. "You seriously have to stop doing that before I have a heart attack."

He stood in her way as she stared at him, trying to give him a look that said move. The dark haired man looked at her almost clueless. Bucky was trying everything he could to get her to help him. He wanted it. He needed it. Her eyes kept scanning his wondering what the hell was going through his mine. She really couldn't give him the papers even if she wanted to, and she really wanted to.

"Damn it." A mumble released from her as she pushed him back and walked back to her room. She put the paper towels down on the bed and stole a glance towards Bucky who had followed her once again. A whine left her when she fumbled around with the necklace on her neck as she took it off. The necklace revealed a key which unlocked a small compartment in her desk and when you pulled it out, the bottom drawer on the side would open. Chloe took one last glance before she inserted the key and turned it. Unlocking the small drawer, she opened it to have a bigger drawer open up just a tiny bit. She opened up the drawer which revealed a stack of files covering the life of Bucky Barnes.

It took two trips before she got all of them out and had them all sitting on her bed. The Ellis girl slowly turned around and moved over a little revealing the pile. "This is everything so far. I can't promise you'll find what you want, but hopefully there is something." Bucky walked up near her and looked between her and the pile of files. Right when his hand started to reach out for a file, a loud knock filled the air making the both of them freeze and turn towards the door. "Be quiet and stay here."

Chloe left him alone in her room which she regretted the minute she stepped out. A feeling filled her up that he would grab the stack and jump out the window, but she was wrong. Instead he was sitting on the edge of her bed looking at the first file that was in his hands. He was trying to be quiet since he was being hunted at the moment, and he didn't want to jeopardize anything. While he was searching through the file, Chloe opened the door to reveal June standing there with a bag of food.

"I know that you just ate at that diner, but take-out brought me more than I wanted so I brought you some leftovers. Thought maybe we could watch a movie?" June's voice sounded. Chloe only had the door open a little to where her body was in the doorway instead of being able to see everything in her apartment.

"I'm actually really tired from the drinks, so I think I'm just going to head to bed," She responded. "But thank you for the leftovers that I'll most likely eat for breakfast." A smile spread across both of their faces as Chloe grabbed the bag and said goodbye to June who soon left after.

Chloe quickly put the bag on the counter and jogged to her room to make sure that the man was still there. "If you want some food, it's on the counter." Her figure leaned against the frame of the door catching his attention. Bucky shook his head with his eyes traveling back to the unopened file. Chloe nodded and looked around for a moment. "Well, I'm gonna sit out in the living room and leave you alone."

The two shared a glance before closing the sliding door, only leaving it cracked so she could still look back and see him. She sighed and sat down on the couch, clicking on the TV, and listening to the sound of papers rustling behind her. To Chloe, it was going to be a long night.