Part 1: Moving In

Thank you @Imperfect_beautyy for the fabulous covers! Honestly, if you need a cover made for your books I 10000000000% recommend her, she's lovely to work with, super kind and always knows exacly what you're looking for!

You asked for it, I delivered. I can't believe I'm doing three books at the moment, it's truly insane.

I'll be doing the chapters you guys requested and also some other ones I felt we should see Mason's side too.

LET ME KNOW WHICH CHAPTERS YOU WANT!

REMEMBER I'm currently ONLY doing the chapters YOU GUYS REQUEST!! I don't have time to write the entire book at the moment so *PLEASE READ THESE AUTHORS NOTES*

I can't believe I get to relive Ashley and Mason, 100% missed Mashley for the few months I haven't been writing about them :( xxxxx

I lugged my suitcase and gym bag up the fight of stairs that I hope would be the last. My guitar strapped on my back had been digging into my shoulder blade and giving me grief for the past ten minutes.

That idiot landlord whom I'd spoken to on the phone a week earlier looked exactly as he sounded and I had to force myself to not make some rude remark. For some weird-ass reason he laughed when I told him the apartment number.

"Good luck buddy," he grunted out and I looked over my shoulder to see him smirking. What the hell?
I could only hope that he was laughing at his balding, sweaty self rather than having some inside joke about me... if he were then he had another thing coming.

So here I am, dragging my stuff upstairs and finally jamming my key into the door of the home sweet home I would soon be living in.

As I turned the key I felt a little sad at the idea that Claire won't be with me. I'd been promising and promising that I'd get the funds for her for two years now and it looks even more impossible as the days go by. The memory of me sitting by her bedside after the surgeon told us the news and promising her I'd fix this whole mess ran through my brain as I pushed the door open.

I dumped my crap on the floor by the door where it will endeavour to stay for the rest of time  I lived here when I was met by a surprise intruder.

Long dark hair, white vneck tshirt and jeans. Hmm, not too bad.

"Who are you and what are you doing here?" I scowled at her out of habit but sort of regretted it as her face fell slightly. I had the foriegn urge to apologise. It was a feeling I hadn't felt since I was a kid, and I didn't like that it was suddenly coming back.

"I'm Ashley... your roommate?"

She crossed her arms tightly over her chest, drawing my attention down and I noticed she shuffled on the spot slightly as she felt my eyes train on her body.

I'd ticked yes to potential roommate on the sheet but I wasn't expecting one, at least, I wasn't sure expecting this one.

"But you're a girl?" Jeez, I sounded dumb, obviously, she was a girl but in terms of the type girl I'm used to she's certainly different.

"Am I really?" She asked sarcastically, as she looked down at herself in confusion. I felt the corner of my mouth flick up at the corner slightly but absconded the smile that was trying to come through.

All I really wanted to do was go to bed for a decent nap after spending twelve hours at the hospital and here's this girl testing and tempting me with games that I can't be bothered to play.

"Look, sweetheart, I know on my application it says I'm willing to have a roommate but-"

"But what? I'm sorry but I need a place to stay and I'm not moving. So you're just going to have to put up with it."