Chapter 29: Euphoria

I spent hours writing my speech onto note cards so I wouldn't miss anything. I was rehearsing it in the mirror to get through the parts that particularly worried me. I tried not to think too hard about what I was doing; otherwise, my whole body started trembling. I went over the things that Queen Jeon and Mai Nyiaj and I talked about. 

Ara and Minjin came in my room with a beautiful off the shoulders blue dress. 

It's been awhile since me and Ara sat down and talk

It's been awhile since me and Ara sat down and talk. And I think that maybe I could tell her about everything that has happened.  As they worked to make me look beautiful, I stared at myself in the mirror. 

I was scared. 

If my plan to tell everyone about why we should get rid of the ranks, would Queen Jeon get in trouble? Mai Nyaj? Lisa? I don't want anyone to get in trouble for my actions. 

"Minjin, can you give me some coffee. I'm feeling nervous and sleepy." 

"Sure."  Minjin walked out the door and Ara pulled a chair and sat next to me. 

"You've seemed kind of sad lately. I was wondering if you were okay." I dropped my head. 

"Is it that obvious?" 

"A little," She admitted, wrapping her arms around me. I sighed and placed my head on her shoulders. 

"We don't have time to talk about the whole story. I'll tell you after the Exclusive.  But I want to tell you that I need you to come with me when I do the Exclusive. I need to there to help support me."

"Of course. I heard that your project was one of the hardest you've done so far." I nodded my head

"It's killing me. But I think I can do it." I smiled. 

We all deserved a better life. My family, Sohyun and Baekhyun, Jimin, Ara, even Jungkook. 

When I walked into the studio, I saw all the other girls sitting in the belchers in on the side. I went over to the last open chair which was next to Tzuyu. I looked at Yoojung and she was reading a book, same as Yeri. Sana was checking her makeup and Tzuyu was mentally reciting her presentation. We all were dying. Scared to mess up. To make a fool of ourselves in front of the whole country and the royal family. 

The King and Queen walked in. Queen Jeon waved at me with a smile. I waved back and smiled. She gave me a thumbs up and mouth me a good luck. A moment later, Jungkook came in. He looked so innocent but I had to remind myself that I knew better. 

He looked over at me and I didn't want to be rude and turn away first, so I just stared back. Jungkook reached up and tugged at his ear. I quickly shooked my head, trying to tell him that we would never speak again. He looked at me with sad eyes and tugged his ears again. This time I just turned away. 

Soon the presentations started and I started to freak out. 

Yeri presentation was probably the worsted. It was short and made no sense. She talked about how the Protesters were doing hateful and wrong things and that we need to punish them since their actions should be outlawed to keep our country safe. When she was done, I could tell she was about to cry. We all stared at her quietly.