1.3

"He...Master is in the dining room, young master." Although Butler Hao is very shocked that this boy is looking for his father, he concealed it with a polite gesture.

"Okay, thank you." The butler was once again shocked, this boy thanked him! This boy actually thanked him! Is the world turning purple!?

But Lin Xiao just walked inside like this was an everyday occurrence. He wanted to change Xue Min's life and that included his attitude towards other people, to avoid calamity. Xue Min was indeed a rotten man; he always spoke highly of himself and belittled those who were an inch lower than him. He felt like he was the King of the world! Unfortunately he was not, so that attitude only led to his demise. How sad.

"Papa..." I called the old man eating silently. My heart ached watching him eating by himself. When I was young, my Dad and Mom always ate with me. Even though this guy here is not my Dad but I can't help it. It feels like small fragments of Xue Min's soul are still in this body, plus the fact that this is indeed a heart wrecking scene.

He looks shocked that I am here.

"What happened? Is something wrong? Why are you here? Are you okay?" 'Poor old man.' I sighed inwardly. The original Xue Min only visited him when he needed his wealth and help.

I eye him for a second, hug him and just like that, I don't know what happened, but it was like the body wasn't mine and I freaking cried!

"Host, the body isn't really yours to begin with"

Shut up.

"Papa..." I pulled out from the hug and look at him.

He has white hair already and he looks like 50+, but still has a dignified and a righteous aura oozing from his body.

"What happened? Did someone bully you? Why are you crying?" He fired questions like a machine gun. And it also made me laugh when he inspected my body. Xue Min's Papa really loved him.

"Papa, I just missed you" I said softly.

He looked at me bewildered and then he smiled. He pulled me in a hug and patted my back.

"It's okay, son. Life is like that." I don't know what he's talking about, maybe he thought that I am having a hard time living. This guy is a sweet one.

"What are you eating?" I changed the subject just like the weather changes itself. I don't want to be dramatic anymore since it's tiring.

"Haha, The same as always. Come eat with me. Ah! Manager Rex you're also here!" Oh fudge I totally forgot about my manager.

I look at my manager who is wiping away the tears from his eyes. My eye twitches as he blows his running nose and look at us with an admiring gaze, the same as the servants present. What the hell, why are they all here?

"Do you want me to cook for you, papa?" I didn't even wait for his reply when I dashed off inside the kitchen.

That was kind of awkward.

"Host, that was so heart-warming. Ay, if only Xue Min appreciated his life more than dwelling in the past..."

"The guy was almost raped by his Biological Mother." I said as a matter-of-factly

"You're right. Can't blame me, I don't understand human emotions"

I just cooked whatever I could think of. Good thing the kitchen almost had everything I needed. I served the dishes with a smile plastered on my face.

"Son, I didn't know that you can cook. And it's delicious too!" Papa praised me as he ate. Being complimented for my hard work makes me so proud of myself.

"We are almost 24/7 stuck together. Why didn't I know that you can cook?" Rex stated as he continued to eat.

"Young Master is truly a changed person now" Grandpa/Butler said as he looks at us with happiness.

"Yea, I'll also be eating here every day and will be also living here, if that's okay wi--"

"Really!?" Before I can finish my sentence I was interrupted by Papa. He was truly happy. It was like he won the lottery or something.

"Ah, yes. I checked my schedule yesterday. Today was the last day of my shooting and I will have a short break. Then maybe next month we will promote our movie." I said

"Why didn't you tell me that you'll be living here for the moment?" Rex said as he pouted seemingly displeased.

"Oh, okay Mom. I was going to tell you but I forgot." I said teasing him a little for acting like a mother.

"Why are you always forgetting about me?" He asks childishly.

"Okay enough with that. Go already, take a rest" Father said as he smiles at us bickering like children.

He was acting like that although Rex is already old; not too old but old enough to call him old. You know what I mean?

"Yes, we get host. Old enough to be called old but not that old kind of old. We totally get it."

"Are you done being sarcastic?"

"Yes."

"Really?"

"Yes. Really. Absolutely, oh definitely!"

"..fuck you."

"Son, are you okay? Are you certain nothing is wrong?" Father asked as he looked at me with a worried face.

"I'm pretty sure I'm okay, papa. I'll go to my room now" Now that I think about it, I want to see my room. Damn! It'll be another shining luxury room!

-----

I just woke up from the constant ringing of my fucking phone.

"Hello" I answered meekly. I was tired because I was up all night investigating female lead's dirty past as well as investigating the ruthless Business Emperor AKA the Male Lead.

I answered the phone without looking who it was and instantly regretted it.

"Good morning Senior, It's Sona. Director asked me to inform you that today we will be having dinner together with the crew at 7pm at Grizzy place. Please be there" She said with her sweet voice. If I didn't know that she had a grudge on me for being too beautiful that outshined her plain self, I could've said she's cute. But I wouldn't do it because that'd be considered lying.

"Thanks but next time, just call my manager." I called it off not wanting to hear her response. She doesn't like me; I get it, but no need to act like a white bunny. I hate that. Because the longer she acts like one, the more I will feel like the world around me is stupid for thinking that she is what she portrays.

The saddest part is that they believe her. Even the cunning and ruthless business emperor believes her! What can a person do, especially for a person as 'fragile' as me?

"Host, you're awake, stop dreaming. What do you mean fragile? You're nowhere near that word. If you call yourself pretentious then that's more like you"

Ah! I wonder if someday I can strangle my system to death.