C28

After a quick debrief when they arrived back at headquarters the group had split up. Eunbi had gone to her room, finally ridding herself of the now dirty dress and smudged makeup. Now that the excitement and adrenaline was wearing off, she truly was tired, so she decided she would retire for the night, seeing as it was in fact around 5 am now.

By the time Mark came in to check on the girl she was fast asleep, tucked into her blankets with a small smile still present on her lips. Mark couldn't help but smile at the sight, her hair chucked up in a ponytail, covers to her chin, she looked adorable. Her was quiet as he took a seat next to her on the mattress, reaching up to brush a few strands of hair from her face.

After he hand moved the hair he still couldn't find a will to remove his hand, so instead he rested it on her jaw, watching as her lips pulled up ever so slightly more at his touch. She wasn't even awake but she was driving him mad, effecting him more than anything else could. Panic began to fill Marks mind as he quickly pulled away his hand, hesitantly standing up as he walked to the door, closing it quietly as to not wake the girl.

He immediately went to the only person he knew for sure would still be awake, Taeyong. Sure enough when Mark opened the older boys office door he was sat at his desk, a look of concentration on his face.

"We have a problem" Marks words immediately caught Taeyongs attention, his head jerking towards the boy with widened eyes.

"What is it? Did something go wrong on the mission? Did Eunbi get injured? I knew this was a bad idea I shouldn't have done this I feel terrible-"

"I have a problem" Taeyong was quick to freeze, his panic fading as he look at the boy who was standing in his doorway. Mark never had problems, at least none one he came to Taeyong for advice for. Taeyong let a gentle smile pull at his features when he noticed the boys fiddling hands and unsteady breathing. NCT's ace fighter Mark didn't have a problem, the 18 year old boy Mark had a problem.

"Come sit then" Mark following Taeyongs instructions, taking the chair from behind Johnny's desk and pulling it over to Taeyong side. It was the first time he had talked with Taeyong in his office without being on the other side of the desk, but this time it felt more right to sit next to the older boy.

"I think I like Eunbi" Taeyongs lips began to tug into even more of a smile, his eyes sparkling as he listened to Marks words.

"So you finally noticed then?"

"What do you mean?" Marks eyebrows furrowed at Taeyongs words. They made no sense, and it wasn't often Taeyong didn't make sense.

"It's obvious Mark" Taeyong took ahold of the boys hands, looking directly into his eyes. It was the first time they had actually sat down and talked about something so serious that wasn't gang related. "You're a young man experiencing his first love"

"I don't like it Taeyong, she makes me feel -" Mark cut himself off, not really sure what he actually wanted to say.

"She makes you feel weak, she makes you feel scared, but she also makes you feel Mark, and that's important"

Mark looked away from Taeyong almost ashamed that the man could word it so well when he couldn't. "But I don't want it to be important. I've always had no weakness Taeyong, that's what makes me so strong"

"You're wrong Mark" Marks eyes snapped back to Taeyong as he spoke, his eyes showing his confusion. "Having a weakness only makes you stronger, it gives you a reason to do what your doing, you have something to protect, and that makes you so much stronger"

"But I don't even know if I like her" Taeyong watched as the boy let out a frustrated sigh, before continuing. "She just makes me feel things"

"Tell me about her" Confusion once again crossed Marks face as Taeyong spoke.

"But you already know her"

"But I don't know how you see her Mark, so tell me about her"

Mark took a deep breathe before speaking again, everything he had kept locked up for so long fluttering out.

"She's so beautiful Taeyong, inside and out. The way she smiles when she sees kids, the way she doesn't cover her mouth when she laughs cause she doesn't care if it's unattractive she just finds it funny. She's so strong as well, she lost her mum but she never plays the pity card and she doesn't whine about her fathers disability. She doesn't complain about being pulled into a gang. And the way she looks after the younger members, the way she cares just as much about the older ones too. The way she relies on me cause she knows I'll protect her" Taeyong could only smile as he watched the boy, An unknowing smile forming on both of their faces.

"And she's so small and cute, and she's so damn pretty. The scar on her neck that she doesn't care about, her hair and her lips, and her eyes. Her eyes, I think they're the most beautiful thing about her. The colour is rich like chocolate and soft as fur when she's happy, but when she's crossed they quickly turn into the rocks ships shatter against in the storm. They are so beautiful, she's so beautiful"

"You're wrong Mark" Mark wasn't even confused this time, more alarmed that Taeyong thought as well that he might not like Eunbi.

"You don't like her, you love her"

"Taeyong" Mark could barely get his name out, realisation flashing through his mind. "I can't love her, loving her is going to get her killed"

"No it's not" Mark watched as a tear fell from Taeyongs eye, his hand snapping up to wipe it away as quickly as he could. "Me loving Yena got her killed, but that was only because I was so blindly in love with her I stopped caring. As long as you don't stop caring about other things Mark, as long as you remember that things are dangerous and that they're not perfect, loving Eunbi won't get her killed"

"Thank you" Marks words were shaky as he did something he had never done. He hugged Taeyong. It wasn't a big deal for anyone else, but in all the years they had known, although the considered each other family, they were always two gang members talking. This time however, this time was two brothers trusting each other enough to share their deepest worries. And that was so important for the both of them.

THANK YOU SOOO MCUH FOR 10k I saw it thi scorning and almost cried! Thank you so much!!