Chapter 7

*Jonathans pov*
I made it to my house. I tried to wipe my tears away and make it seem like it was actually cold. I opened the door and saw my dad watching tv with his girlfriend. I quickly waved and made my way upstairs. I plopped on my bed and changed into a pair of sweatpants. I decided to put some music on so I can fall asleep easy. I put on a playlist and laid down. Since the playlist was on shuffle, I didn't know what song was going to start playing. This song came on so I got up to check what it was. It was a song I never heard before but I let it play anyway. I laid back down as it started playing. I was paying attention to the lyrics and realized it was a break up song. I felt my heart sinking and my eyes water up as I remembered what happened today. I couldn't believe that I hit y/ns face. It's not like I wanted to though, I was just trying to get Evan off of her. I don't know why I'm so overprotective with y/n when I clearly have a girlfriend.... I mean I used to have one. Amber cheated on me, I got in a fight with my best friend, and I hit the girl that stole my heart. I really fucked up today. I needed to apologize to Evan and y/n. Before I could close my eyes, I heard my stomach growling. Then I remembered that I haven't eaten when I got here. I got up and ran downstairs. My dad was still watching tv with his girlfriend. I went to the kitchen and made myself food. When I was done making my food, I went into the living room. I looked at the clock that was by a lamp. The time was '7:30'. I felt stupid because I was going to bed early. I glanced at my dad and noticed he was already staring. He looked confused. So did Mary (his dads girlfriend). I raised an eyebrow, then my dad cleared his throat. "So uh Jonathan, are you smoking now or are you just crying?" My eyes widen when my dad mentioned crying. I looked at him and sighed. "Look dad, today was a shitty day. Amber cheated on me, I got in a fight with Evan, and I accidentally hit y/n in the face. She got in the way and I must've hit her. Her right eye is swollen now and it was bleeding. I got pushed away by her. When I saw her crying, I just started crying also. I've never felt like this or acted like this. I don't know what to do." As I said that, I felt tears starting to form in my eyes again. I was turning into a mess. I wanted y/n in my life, as a matter of fact I NEEDED her in my life. Without her, I'm just a stupid bad boy with no one to be by my side. My thoughts were pushed away as I heard my dads voice become clear. "Jon, does she mean anything more than a friend to you?" I thought for a moment, then answered. "Yeah I guess she does. We made eye contact when she first went to school. And whenever she laughs, I get the butterflies and my heart starts racing faster making it skip a beat. She's pure beauty. She means a lot to me." I felt happy about what I said. I felt a smile come onto my face. Mary came to hug me. She had tears in her eyes. I was confused about why she had tears in her eyes but I didn't question it. I hugged her back and smiled. I guess she was happy for me. Our hug broke as she got up and went over to my dad. They hugged and I got up to go back to my room. I told them goodnight and waved. I went in my room and plopped down on my bed. I felt my eyes starting to close. As my eyes did, I couldn't stop thinking about y/n. I went to sleep happy.