1 | 7

"I nearly shat myself!"

death traps | ella

____

"Oh god, I think I'm going to be sick..." Jake said for the fifth time bending over by a garden at the side of the walkway.

"Oh, come on Jake! It wasn't that bad!" I giggled. This was so funny.

His head whipped up and he looked at me with a wild expression on his face, hair mussed from the wind on the rollercoaster.

"Wasn't that bad? Was- WASN'T THAT BAD?" He gasped. "I nearly shat myself Ella. Never. Never again."

I cracked up at that. Little Jake Eves, the fearless motorbike rider and fighter, was scared of rollercoasters.

"OIIII! Stop laughing! It's not that funny." He said, starting to fall over from laughter himself.

"It really is!" I gasped out, falling back onto the bench beside his spot on the ground, his head still hanging between his knees as he composed himself.

I stared up at the bright blue sky, watching the clouds swirl as if they had minds of their own, when I saw Jake head pop into my view, his shadow gliding over my face.

"Ice cream?" He asked with a raised brow, smile lighting up his face.

"Hell yes!" I squealed jumping up and running to the shop nearby.

___

"Wow..." I gasped looking out at the view. After we grabbed some ice cream Jake insisted we went on the Ferris wheel.

Apparently, he's not scared of them.

"So, if your not scared of speed and not scared of heights, then why do you hate rides so much?" I asked Jake, still confused at his strange behaviour.

"Ummm hello? Have you seen those death traps? Wood and rusty screws holding them together? Yeah, no thanks. I would prefer to not die falling off one..." He went off looking at me strangely, sympathy lurking in the depths of his eyes.

Everyone does this.

Avoid the word death.

"Ella I'm sorry I didn't me-" He started to speak, but I cut him off.

"Jake. Seriously I don't care. Avoiding it won't stop it from happening. Anyway, I kinda get what you mean, they don't look that safe do they?"

His face lit up with a smile, clearly happy with the change of topic.

"No they really don't." He chuckled shaking his head, hair falling over his eyes.

I reached out to brush it out of his eyes. "You really need a hair-"

I stopped my body being wracked with coughs.

"Ella. Ella are you okay?" Jake asked, worry filling his now serious expression.

"Yeah." Cough. "I'm fine." I gasped out finding it hard to breath.

I slowly came to a stop and wiped my hand over my mouth, clearing my lungs with one last cough when I felt something wet on my hand.

I slowly pulled it away looking down, Jake seeing my stare looked down too.

"Shit Ella. It's going to be okay, kay?"

Blood.

Deep. Red. Blood.

Covering my entire hand.

I started to get dizzy, the colours around me blending together into one big hazy cloud.

"Ella. Ella look at me baby. I'm going to get help okay."

"Okay" I whispered, falling forward onto Jake lap his warm hands catching my now shivering body.

I started to fade in and out of consciousness only acutely aware of the Ferris wheel coming to a stop.

I felt strong arms wrap around me and lift me up.

"Hello? I need some help. Please she's sick I don't know what to do." I heard Jakes voice faintly nearby.

"HELP ME!" I heard him call one last time.

That's when everything went black.

___

ANDNNNDD WELCOME BACK!

I'm so so sorry for disappearing and not updating. But hey I made no promises. So I have holidays for the next two weeks so hopefully. HOPEFULLY. I can update HEAPS and finish this book even if I write in advance.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. And go check out my page for more!!!

 And go check out my page for more!!!

Also i'm sorry...