Part 2 Chapter 41

AN; So thank you for the three million reads! I'm so honored that so many people have read and hopefully enjoyed this poorly edited book.  Anyways, giving you two chapters because you might hate me after these two chapters.

"No! No!" I frantically grunted while I scrambled to get a good grip of the sharp stone edges of the hole I had managed to fall halfway into while maintaining my grip on the channeling spear. I was slowly losing the battle and gravity tugged my body further into the hole, while the metal point of my spear scraped pointlessly against the stone

"Mistress? Do you need our help?" The three voices whispered in my head in unison.

"No, I want to keep dangling here until one of those monsters decides to pop my soul into one of its drolly mouth like a piece of popcorn, of course, I want help!" I snapped.

"Of course we know you want help but we can't help until you release us, you just don't remember that we're here, so we must remind you to ask for help."

"Ah sorry it's not that you're forgettable or anything, it's just when I need your help I'm usually under a lot of st-"

"Do realize that we can read your mind?" they all said dryly and I winced at their tone.

"Okay you got me, I forgot you all for like a split second, but I can't even feel you, so it's easy to forget you're there. Anyways, please help me! I release you!" I cried. I could feel my fingers giving up one by one, and suddenly I felt a very cold pressure on my arm, and I was being pulled upwards till my body was lying flat on what remained of the roof.

It was only when I was lying sprawled out on the roof under the sun, like some dead sea creature on the beach, until I remembered that I had other people to worry about.

I pushed myself onto my hand and knees, ignoring my protesting overly exhausted muscles, and when I did, I saw that Arnold's creatures were still perched on the side of the building. They stared down at me, unmoving, with their small glowing white eyes that weren't much more than slits in their red stone heads. If their small chests weren't moving up and down, I would mistake them for being dead.

I wasn't sure whether their presence indicated if Arnold was still alive, or that they simply just stuck around long after their creator died. Despite how tired my mind was, I still wondered if the creatures did outlive their creators, but for how long? In my world, many of the creatures had glowing white eyes just like Arnold's creations including the nine-tailed foxes, water spirits, and a variety of gnome that lived in the Pink Stone Mountain.

I slowed rotated my body, so I was now facing the giant circular gash in the roof. Carefully, I crawled just close enough to the wall to peer over to the edge of the hole and looked down below into its depths.

It was dark down there despite the sunlight streaming in from above and through the high windows in its interior. I couldn't see much, and the dust was swirling around in the air below from the recent cave-in wasn't helping. What I could see was several pairs of glowing white eyes looking up at me from below, the eyes of Arnold's dolls.

"Deception? Hello? Anyone?" I called down below. There was no answer, and from somewhere in the dark, came the sound of a dragon in distress. I felt relief wash over me, at least Deception was alive. But that relief was short-lived when it was joint be new sound though besides Deception's cries. It was the distinct sound of twigs snapping that signified that one of the soulless was close to me.

I looked up and swore softly under my breath, while a soulless man with gray hair in a purple shirt, pulled himself over the side of the building opposite to me. He eyed me hungrily with his cloudy white eyes before he began to inch his way around the hole on all fours towards me.