Chapter Sixteen

Chen Hui?

A petal.

Chen Mu?

Another petal.

Chen Hui?

One more petal.

Chen Mu...

I took the last petal off the chrysanthemum flower.

"Should I marry Chen Mu then?"

In the story, Chen Mu was a lesser minor character. He was only mentioned when talking about Chen Heng Li's siblings. There was not much of information about him as he left the palace after passing the crown to the third prince and never showed himself ever again.

Between the three brothers, he's the most likely candidate I would choose to marry.

First, because the chrysanthemum said so.

Second, Chen Heng Li is off-limits.

Third, Chen Mu appears to be more bearable than his perverted brother. He also doesn't seem to have any interest of the crown seeing how Chen Heng Li was able to take it easily.

If I can't live a peaceful life, then I'd rather have a less chaotic one.

"What are you thinking about?"

I'm alone, aren't I?

Before I could scream, a hand covered my mouth and dragged me towards the inner room.

"Sshhh..." The man whispered for me to keep silent. I nodded in agreement. He might hurt me if I struggled.

He slowly turned me around to face him and I was able to calm down when I saw the familiar masked man. As usual, he was dressed in an all black outfit.

"Can't you be a bit normal and announce your presence? You keep popping up out of nowhere!" I scolded him.

"I did," he shrugged and patted my bed before sitting, "but you were occupied and didn't even hear me calling your name."

He did?

"Don't you think you're too comfortable inside my room?" I raised my brows on him and pointed at my bed, "don't you know propriety?"

"Fan'er I won-"

"And don't call me Fan'er! You're not my father!" No one have ever called me Fan'er except my father.

The Dark Shadow stood up and raised his arms in surrender, "what are you upset about?"

I walked towards my bed and took his place, "Nothing. Anyway, why are you here?"

"I came to ask if you told your father about our deal."

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because I don't want to!"

I don't know why I'm lashing at him but I'm so annoyed at my situation right now. Its his bad luck that he showed up at the wrong time.

He ignored my harsh tone and questioned me, "does this have to do with the crown prince?"

I looked at him suspiciously.

How did he know?

Well, its not only Chen Heng Li but he's part of the problem.

"I saw the royal guards surrounding your house," he added, "I guessed it must be the crown prince."

"Oh..." I answered, not knowing what to tell him.