Chapter 17 Mind vs Fire

Hey new chapter is up! I have started my summer job and it's actually taking a lot more time off me then I thought! But I will still try and keep writing as much as I can!

Please vote and comment guys :) and hopefully my grammer is better!

-----------------------------

He was still staring at me in shock. His twin followed his line of vision and stared at me too. The rest of the people slowly began to realised what happened and the game just stopped midway, with the two remaining balls bouncing on the court, abandoned.

'Did you see that?' 'She stopped Diego's ball.' 'And hit him in one go...'

Whispers began to break out on both teams and I mentally cringed. I had done it again, hadn't it? Do something that was shocking and undone before in the school in front of everyone. My keeping-a-low-profile thing had totally gone down the drain. I sighed in defeat. The facade that I was so good at putting up back in District 9 just wasn't working here due to my complete lack of POE common sense.

'What are you all doing? Keep playing!' Miss Clarke blew her whistle and shouted at us when she saw we had paused. Everyone immediately began to pick up the balls and the guy on the floor got back up with help from his brother. He gave me a confused and annoyed look before turning to talk to his brother.

I smiled to myself and turned back into the game. I saw that whilst I was engaged with Diego two people were already knocked off our team, whilst Diego was the only one who was eliminated in the opposite team.

Diego dusted himself off and moved outside the court grudgingly. His brother gave him a pat on the back before turning to give me a dirty look. I had to urge to stick my tongue out at him but that would just be plain childish, and seemed too aggressive, like I was challenging him.

Casting me a wary glance a girl who was holding a ball in the opposite team sent the ball flying to our section of the court as far from me as it was possible. I rolled my eyes, so typical of people to go for the weak and avoid the strong (I seemed to flatter myself somehow in this, haha).

Deciding that the girl who it was aimed for did not need my help, I sighed and turned my attention to the other two balls in the game. One was just being pick up by Diego's twin, the other two was just thrown to our side without anybody being hit out.

I quietly backed to a corner of the court and surveyed the game. We were two member short. But one of their main attackers were Diego and his twin, so if I took him out too we will have a chance of wining.

Getting ready to fight him, I suddenly realised with a jolt that why was I trying to win? I was under no obligation to win, nor was I feeling particularly bonded or even remotely friendly with any of my teammates.

Dropping my stance I could felt Diego and his twin's confused glanced on me, but Diego's twin decided not to leave it be and attacked someone else instead. Not that I owed them any explanation to my action. I didn't think drawing any more attention to me was necessarily a good idea. Student bodies' interest was enough; I would like to keep the faculty off me.

Don't get me wrong though, I still played in the game, just not in an aggressive or proactive way. Diego's twin didn't attacked me for the rest of the game, probably aware that I would just whipped his butt and got him kicked out as well. In which case his team would have no chance of wining.