Chapter 30

Snapping away from his thoughts, he looked up to see Lui Yun looking worriedly at him. He smiled to reassure Lui Yun that he was fine.

Seeing Zi You finally look up, Lui Yun felt better. He had gotten worried when Zi You didn't reply to his question at all and was instead staring blankly at nothing. He had wanted to alert Zi You but he left him alone, and instead grabbed his phone taking some secret photos of Zi You.

After finishing the last scene of the day everyone started to leave. Lui Yun drove Zi You back home. Leaving the car, Zi You smiled at Lui Yun thanking him for the ride.

Today was finally the day where they would film the last scene of the drama. It was Autumn by now. The drama had taken 6 weeks to film. Through those 6 weeks, Lui Yun and Zi You had gotten much closer.

Today's scene was the scene after Zhang Xu had died, where Mu Yan would walk into Zhang Xu's room and look through his stuff.

"Ready and action."

Mu Yan stepped into the room that was Zhang Xu's. He looked at all the things kept inside this room. His eyes immediately traveled to a picture that was framed, right next to a table by the bed.

He remembered where the picture was taken. It was next to a river behind the valley his family owned. That was the secret place for both of them when they wanted to be alone.

His eyes then saw letter next to that picture. He walked towards it and grabbed it. He opened the letter, reading the contents inside of it.

'To my best friend, Mu Yan,

By the time you read this, I should already be dead. I want you to know that if you're reading this now, forget about me. Don't harm yourself with the thought that you had killed me. I already knew this day would come, and if I wanted to, I could've avoid it. Dying by your hand is already good enough for me.

I hope that in your mind, you could forgive the wrongs that I've done to you and Li Mei. I was foolish and dumb, but now I know my mistake. I hope that you will live a good life with the one you've chose. From the world up above I will bless you two to live a life with no regrets.

When you think of me, remember that I was your best friend, that is all I want. Memories will fade with time, but never forget me. In my next lifetime I will beg to have a different story, one that won't end so soon.

On the nights you might miss me too much, look up at the stars. Imagine that I am one of those stars, and know that I am looking down at you, guiding you through life and protecting you.

When you have kids, tell them stories about me to them, just make it seem as if I was a good guy.

Well, I guess this is it. I'm running out of room to write. This is my last goodbye to you. Hold on tight, I'm cheering for you.

From your silly friend, Zhang Xu'

Mu Yan's eyes clouded with tears, as he stared at the piece of paper he held in his hand.

"I will, thank you too." Mu Yan whispered to nothing. In his mind he was able to picture Zhang Xu smiling brightly at him, before disappearing.

A single tear escaped his eyes as he walked out the door. Wiping it before Li Mei saw him. Li Mei walked towards Mu Yan before grabbing his hand softly.

"Are you okay?" Li Mei asked gently, noticing that Mu Yan's eye were red.

"Yeah. I'm fine," and with that, they slowly walked out of the building. But before that Mu Yan turned to look at the sky, sending Li Mei into the car first, he looked up at the sky.

"Zhang Xu, you knew this was going to happen, and yet you still didn't change one bit. You were still that little kid, who was kind to everyone. Why did you treat your life like a joke? Why didn't you defend yourself? I guess I never really knew you that well. As Time Passes, everything will slowly change, and with it there will only be memories left. But I promise you I will never forget you." Mu Yan softly whispered, looking up at the sky.

As if the sky was crying, a raindrop splashed onto his face. The once bright sky turned gloomy, as rain started to pour down. He got into the car, and started driving off with Li Mei.

"And cut!"

Lui Yun and Su Lin climbed out of the car. As Lui Yun walked pass Zi You, Zi You gave him a towel to wipe the water on him.

"Thanks," Lui Yun said before wiping his clothes and his hair.

Though they had gotten closer together, Lui Yun still hadn't make a move. Zi You was still waiting patiently, because he will never try to woo anyone like he did in the past. Though it might be a long wait, he could tell that Lui Yun was going to ask soon.

"And that wraps up the filming of the drama. We just need to edit this scene and upload it." The director's voice ripped Zi You's attention away from Lui Yun.

The drama had become the number one show in China. Almost everyone had watched it, no matter what age. Zi You's popularity had also risen by quite an amount. He became the newly rising star, pushing Wei Yu aside.

When they found out that Zi You was also in Gravity. Gravity's also became very popular.

"Since we have finish filming, let's all have a night out. It'll be my treat." The director told everyone in the room.

The director rented a bus for everyone to take to the restaurant. Everyone climbed on as the bus took them to the restaurant.