Prologue

STEPHANO IS PLAYED BY ALESSANDRO DELLISOLA ☝️☝️

Bring a smile to my face by voting. Also tell me what you think after reading! I dedicate this chapter to
harunaaisha. Thanks for your supports and being the first to comment!

Is this your first time reading SBTTB or are you a re-reader? Let me know XD

FTR- first time reader
RR- Re-reader

~

*

Stephano's POV

*

"Is that all?"

"Yes sir. So, what do you think about the proposals?" Andre asked me, his eyes observing the file in his hand as he carefully studied it. We were finalizing the proposals for this month and had gone through all of them. All that was remaining were the parts I had to crosscheck before the final conclusions would be made later at the meeting, with my board of directors present.

Leaning into my swivel chair, I adjusted myself and took a deep breath. It would definitely be a tough evening for me whenever I finally decide to start sorting them out at home but the earlier those files were dealt with, the better.

Getting tired of Andre's anticipating stare as he awaited my response, I took a calm exhale. "Email me the remaining details and I'll deal with them once I get home. I'll have them finalized."

Andre nodded in understanding. Being my personal assistant for over four years now, he knew what needed to be done. I was a busy man and intentionally decided to never have a female personal assistant because they were a great distraction and my father's personal assistant had succeeded in destroying my parent's relationship many years ago, one that had been so hard to fix. There was no way I would subject myself to such at my young age. No, I was far too young for any woman's drama.

"Alright, have a good night." Andre finally spoke.
He got up, took care of the needed files on the table and arranged the rest in a neat stack.
It had been a long day.

"You too." I replied after some seconds of gazing out into the city before us like it had an interesting story to tell.

I stared out through the glass that separated me from the world, pleased the glasses were tinted. The building itself had thirty six floors altogether and this was just the headquarters for the Alfonsi's group of companies in Italy. We still had five other branches here in Italy and several others all over Europe, then even some more worldwide.

I was a man who sometimes preferred brooding, staying on my own and I didn't like unnecessary attention. That was why it was hard for even stalkers to get any juicy information on my personal life. Since my breakup with Barbara who won the most beautiful woman in Italy when we were in college few years ago, I hadn't really been with any other woman and I wasn't ready to be with one. I had so many people around me and that was what an average man needed at some point in their lives.

My mind drifted off to so many things that could be happening out there in Palermo, Sicily, and in Italy as a whole and also in other parts of the world. So many people were obviously laughing giddily, couples were making out with heated passion and some others were celebrating a milestone in their lives.

A glance at my Rolex watch told me it was time to head home.

Picking my suit jacket, I donned it and took a deep breath. I exited my office, grunting in response several times as I walked past some of my workers, who all parted ways for me to leave and greeted me along the way. I tapped my foot impatiently throughout the elevator ride, wishing I was already home.