21. Dragged out

Chloe's POV

I was in the office doing work but my head was revolving around one thing the bet. I really wanted to win it. Even though I was well aware of the fact that it was very hard to resist him. Each time I see, I sense someone around, him in most situations. I expect to see his gorgeous face, which I was missing.

I wouldn't deny that I was dying to see him, but at the same time I didn't want to. Winning over him was pretty hard, but I still was giving myself a chance to not fall for his charm, which is humanly impossible. Suddenly my phone started buzzing and I got a text message from Christian which said, 'I won't be in the office today so if you want, you can go home.'

When I read the message, I got a wide smile on my face. I immediately thought it was going to be great. I quickly called Claire to confirm our night out plan, which she had asked me to attend. Since Christian himself said, he won't be in the office, my chances to win, whilst not seeing him at all, made me happy.

Within the next hour I was at my place with Claire and we were getting ready. I changed into a spaghetti neckline light peach shiny mini dress, which hugged my body perfectly. I didn't usually wear this dress since it reveals the maximum area of my cleavage, but I was going with Claire and her friend, so I felt safe enough to put that dress on.

The dress literally fills the need to put on any accessory, because its looks like stars covering my body whenever I wear it. Its elegant, might look like something's missing but at the same time everything is just as gleaming. It makes me look like I'm dipped in gold.

"You look hot!" Claire said, as she held my finger making me twirl.

"Really? But it shows." I pouted, hinting about my chest.

"It's meant to be shown." She chuckled making me laugh.

After getting ready we went out. We sat in her car and started our journey.

The club was fully packed. There were so many people. Many were sitting near the bar; some were on the dance floor. The blaring music forced me to move my feet to the rhythm. It was a great feeling.

There's something about partying which always made me ecstatic, something tickles inside just with the thought of it, mainly because I am usually with my best friend, Claire. Being with her, who is a party animal herself, I have attended tons of parties. The night life surely is fascinating but at the same its energy consuming. I do like to party but I have always kept my work above it.

Claire on the other hand, always drags me to places, inviting me to the most extravagant parties and gatherings I didn't even know existed. She is an extrovert, who maintains connections with all sorts of people. She mentions how that helped her with her success.

"What will you drink?" Claire grabbed my attention as we made our way to the bar.

"Umm diamond..." I was about to say but she cut me off in the middle of the sentence.

"I know you are going to get the diamond cocktail. I was just confirming." She said making me smile as I nodded.

I'm not an alcoholic person, but my fear of missing out had taught me some party tricks. Getting just one drink and sipping from it like a little rodent was one of them.

Claire soon came back with our drinks and we cheered. The huge spotlight danced on my head like a huge fireball, soaking in all the attention towards it. The music made me numb and I knew my drink was slowly taking effect.

I am pretty light headed when it comes to alcohol. My capacity at maximum allows me to have about six shots because I pass out in the seventh one. I did experiment with my capacity, when Claire and I initially started clubbing on the daily and no matter how much I fantasised about it, waking up in Claire's personal assistant, Jeremy's arms wasn't something I would conclude in my fantasy.