THIRTEEN

Things at office never settled down, even after two months.

He wanted to make me miserable and I never complained about anything, which made him more and more frustrated because it wasn't going the way he wanted.

That day I was getting his signatures for some papers when we heard a knock. And then this beautiful, gorgeous girl entered. She had long caramel, wavy hair and her eyes were one of the prettiest I had ever seen. Her dress, her heels, her bag, everything screamed expensive. She had a class that very few could match.

"Oh! Noona!" Jungkook stood up, his face lit in happiness. 

Apparently I wasn't the only Noona in his life. 

She came striding in and next thing, she was hugging him tightly.

"Noona? Are you okay? April, Machiato and the usual." He briefly ordered me and my face fumed up. I went all the way down and then back up to get them the coffee, mumbling to myself about tyrants who didn't know when and where to stop.

As I entered the office, I saw this Noona seated in the sofa with Jungkook sitting close beside her and holding both her beautiful hands, looking at her with all the concern in the world.

"Here is your coffee," I put them on the table. But no one seemed to pay me any attention until the girl looked up.

"You have another personal assistant" She observed.

He seemed hesitant to answer the question.

"I am sorry for all the trouble. You didn't really have to bring any coffee"

Yeah? Would've helped if you'd told me so before I went down some ninety floors to fetch it?

"I just came here to see Jungkook" She continued. She was sweet, but the jealous little devil inside me already hated her.

"It's okay. Wasn't much trouble" I said through gritted teeth.

"We need some privacy?" Jungkook looked at me finally.

"Sure" I said in a seething voice and left. 

Inside my office I played with a pen between my fingers, tapped on the table, examined the ceiling, just any random thing that would prevent me from charging at that woman and throwing her out of his office. Why was I feeling this way? It's not like I had something going on with him...

Forty minutes passed, but they were still in there. My working hours were till six pm. And it was already seven. 

And this woman ain't doing free labour.

"That's it I am leaving" I got up, and walked into his office without even knocking. An extremely unwelcoming sight of this Noona with her head placed on his shoulder, and their hands intertwined, resting in his lap, met my eyes.

He raised an eyebrow as his head snapped up and he looked at me.

"Uh... It's seven pm"

"So...?"

"I'm... leaving..."

"And?"

"Uh... nothing. I just wanted you to know" 

He nodded. That's all. Just a nod.

I slowly walked outside. What was going on? That girl... why did she looked so familiar? She was almost the same height as the girl who had given me the impression that Jungkook was married... few months ago... but... 

I came back home and started looking through my stuff. Looking for one particular piece of paper. And then I found it. That pamphlet. 

During the time i was trying to visit South Korea, I always looked for travel packages and adverts, all the time. And one of them had made me stop wanting to visit Seoul and give up on the loan that had just approved that day. It was a travel package advert for South Korea, and there was a huge photo of a theme park in the background. And among all the people there, I had spotted him right away. With a baby and a girl. Yes, it was her. Now that I had looked at it, I could recognise her.

I had prepared myself for this moment a thousand times in the past few months, the moment I would get to meet this girl, but still I felt broken, could almost hear my heart crack. If he was already married, with a child, what was he doing it for? Why had he brought me here? If he was happy, why did he want me miserable? All I had ever done wrong was to just get on that plane, because I wanted to support my mother. I would have told him before going away but I was afraid he would never let me. Had i known he would end up hating me, and on the top of it get married as well... I would've just... never gone to his rooftop room. 

What a dumbass I had always been.

"Stupid stupid stupid" I kept cursing myself.

I started cleaning up my room but it didn't help with my stress, so I  just grabbed my coat and started back towards the office to talk it out.

It was late, and the lights were mostly turned off as they usually did in the night.

I stood right outside his office, thinking about what to do next. Should I go in? What was I going to say? 

I opened the door and walked in. His laptop screen had probably gone into sleep mode as it was dark, while he had his head placed on the desk, with an arm for support.

"Ahem ahem," I cleared my throat but he was apparently asleep. 

"Jungkook?" He still didn't answer. So like all those female leads in movies and dramas etc, I had to go and sit right next to him from where I could see his face without thinking that I DID NOT have the kind of luck those female leads have. Without thinking about how everything always goes wrong in my life, I looked up at him. His features had become more defined and beautiful in the past five years. His lips were slightly parted and they looked so kissable.

"I'm so sorry for all I did... I never stopped loving you, not for a moment. And everyday I worked so hard, trying to get back to you. But I wasn't as smart as you are, and I stayed broke the way I was. I called the agency you worked for, so many times but they always told me that you had resigned and changed your number. I am so sorry, I...." I whispered as inaudibly as I could, and just as my hand was trying to brush away the hair at his temple, his eyes shot open and he grabbed my hand.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.