Twenty Three: Proximity

For a moment they both just started at each other without a word. Their cheeks were undeniably flushed, their expressions depicting both surprise and confusion, and their hearts both beating like mad. Silence was filling the roof but it seemed to be saying more than any words could say. It was showing that both, [Name] and Oikawa, were facing some unknown feelings which made them nearly speechless. The boy's body seemed to be moving on its own. [Name] was sitting frozen, just watching how Oikawa was slowly closing up to her like hypnotised. Why couldn't she move?

The boy's lips were getting closer and closer, their noses were nearly touching,[Name] could already feel his warmth on her face. The chills overflew her, her heart's pace was at its limit, when she suddenly jumped up, panting.

"I guess it was because of the surprise", she laughed nervously, making a step back. "You know, why we felt this way yesterday".

"What?", Oikawa raised his eyebrow, confused by the girl's retreat and by his own behaviour.

Before [Name] could say anything, a quiet ringing of the bell clashed through the roof, signalising the end of the lunch break.

"I guess I have to go", the girl said, innerly sighing with relief. She could get away from the pressure between her and Oikawa.

"Ah", the boy wanted to say something, but [Name] was already on the stairs, heading for her lesson. He could only look at the door which was slowly closing after the girl he just nearly kissed.

Once again.