Chapter Two - Grace

Song of the chapter - Don't forget about me by CLOVES

Blair

"LIGHTS OUT!" I heard coming from down the halls. It was about midnight, maybe later and everyone was sleeping. Well, except from me and Dwight. Dwight was keeping guard for tonight. He was the only thing that stood between me and my escape tonight. I pulled my jumper over my head and put my hood up. 

Of course Dwight will know it's me but I need to be sneaky about this. If I get caught again, I will be beat, or worse, dead. My father would immediately kill me. His rules are making me leave this place. So are the people too. 

I sighed deeply and prepared myself to roam the halls of darkness. I switched my light off and grabbed my torch that I left on my dresser. I slowly creaked open my door and searched my surroundings for anyone like my father. I looked to the right and seen Dwight sitting on the floor with his bow and arrow beside him. 

The door creaked and I winced at the sound. Please, please, please god no. "Who's there?" I heard his voice and I crouched down behind a wall. His light was aiming right towards me and I could hear his boots clatter on the ground as he became closer and closer to me. 

"HEY!" He yelled once again and I didn't say a word. I kept my breaths to myself and flash light turned off. He was about a few inches away from me. I need to react fast, come on. I slowly slid my knife out from my boot and gripped it between my fingers. 

Just as he was about to turn the corner, I swung my knife around and stabbed him directly in the shin. he grunted in pain and fell to the ground. He gripped his leg as I climbed on top of him and punched him in the face with the base of my gun. "BITCH!" He groaned and punched me directly on the cheek. 

With the force, I fell back and felt my cheek throbbing immediately. He pointed his bow and arrow right between my eyes after he shakily got up from the ground. With the flash light beaming, I squinted my eyes and put my hands up. "Trying to escape, I should've known." he chuckled to himself. Just as he was about to let go of that arrow he was cut off with a blow to the head. 

I gasped and he fell to the ground unconscious. A girl my age was behind him and she was the one who knocked him out. She had blonde short hair with a denim jacket on and jeans. She reached her hand out for me and I stared at her. "Come on we need to go now!" She yelled and I immediately gripped her hand. 

She pulled me off of the ground and we both ran towards the wooden plate on the ground. We both knelt down and she lifted the plate. IN the distance I could hear multiple people and one of those people was my father. "GO!" She yelled and I crouched down into the hole, crawling into the distance where I could at least see some kind of light. 

I heard her hurried footsteps behind me and I walked faster. Finally it came to an end and all that was in our way, was a metal fence. I sat down on the muddy ground and smacked my foot against the metal, again and again, until it finally swung off. 

"Come on!" I yelled and I crawled out of the hole, standing up and turning around to hold out my hand for this girl. She gladly accepted my hand and I pulled her off of the ground. She sighed deeply and we both looked into the distance where my home was lit up with lamps from everyone waking up inside due to me and this girl. 

"this way, come on." She sighed and we both walked into the woods, away from the saviors. Away from this hell. I beamed the flash light in front of us and kept my knife handy to get out. She had a grip on her gun and searched the dark woods for walkers. To be honest I don't know what is scarier.