Twelve 👀

BETH

She disappeared, as if she was never in the room. Damien says she had a teleportation rune. I guess it was from our dad.

She said he's dead...

And mom ... Victor has her.

I feel arms around me, and the delicious woodsy smell engulfs my senses.

The gentle swaying almost luls me back to sleep. I don't remember how I was asleep, but I must have been to some degree. I don't remeber how I got here.

I wish I was asleep, and it was all some horrible dream.

How do we even ... can we fix this? Save mom? And then convince Birdy that she doesn't need to become a hunter.

Doesn't she realise, she would be hunting me? Or people like me?

Opening my eyes I see Zyn has me in his lap in a long seat. My eyes scan the interior. Dingy beige leather seats with a few cracks and tears. The roof fabric sags in places, also there is a moldy smell. Thankfully it isn't too strong, but its there. There are blackout curtains as well as tinting on the windows.

"You're awake," Zyn brushes his hand through my hair. "How do you feel?"

"Exhausted."

"You practically shut down when your sister left," Damien speaks from the driver seat. "So we have had to improvise. It took time, time we don't have-"

"I'm sorry," I interrupt him just so he will quit his lecturing. I'm not in the mood for listening to it. "I'll just spread my legs and do as wished of me next time." My tone is venomous, but I honestly don't care right now.

"Thats not what I meant-"

"Can we just ... just not talk about it." I sigh. "He has my mom."

"We will get her," Zyn sounds completely sure of the fact. I wish I was that optimistic.

"He probably has taken her to his estate," Damien states. "It's not a place we can openly go. At least not yet."

"So, we just leave her there? We can't! He will -"

"And if we go there, and he catches you, he will do it to you too," Damien's eyes meet mine in the rearview mirror. His eyes full of emotions. Regret? Sadness? Concern? Maybe a mix of them all...

Tears come to my eyes. I can't help but see the look in my mom's eyes as she spoke of what Victor did, how he controlled her, and forced her to do things.

"I won't let that happen," Zyn growls as his hands grasp me tighter.

And as strange as it sounds, I believe him. I know he wouldn't allow any harm come to me as long as he lives. But that scares me too.

I don't know if I can deal with more death... expecially not if I'm the reason why.

"Nor would I," I hear a muffled voice from the back seat.

I look over Zyn's shoulder and see a lump the shape of Alec under a thick blanket. Guilt pangs into my heart even more. Here we are, traveling in the daylight, and if one stream of light hits him, he would be in excruciating pain ... yet he is here for me.

"This ... bonding. Is it just ... normal sex?"

"A little more to it," Zyn replies. "There is a blood exchange, at a precise moment." He runs his hand through my hair as he talks. Its strangely comforting. "I've heard its intense."

"I've ..."

"Believe me," Damien speaks up, "they know you're a virgin. The innocent smell on you is attractive. They don't know how much porn you watch though, or those dirty stories you read. So, that innocence is questionable."