Tony

Tony ran when he heard FRIDAY say Peter leaving the room, tumbling out of the room.

When he got the the two, he saw Peter struggling out of Clint's grip, he quickly rushed forward to help Peter- but Natasha stopped his quickly.

He looked at her with anger but then she nodded at the two who seemed to have an understanding, with Peter stopping his escape.

"He doesn't need to be over crowded right now, Tony, who knows what could set him off. Clint can handle Peter." She said and he noticed that Steve and Sam were right next to her nodding.

"But I'm-" Tony started but got a look from Bruce and he nodded. "Fine- but next time he wakes up, that kid is mine no stealing him, got it?" Tony said glancing at them before walking away and everyone else followed.

He had work to do, more security, updates to the programs he made to watch on Peter's health. FRIDAY was great, but didn't have the connection KAREN did with Peter.

He got in the elevator and everyone else stayed on the Medical floor, just out of sight from Peter.

He needed to get himself together, for Peter, they finally found him. But his mind was a mess, even more then usual, ideas coming to his head faster than ever before. Most likely with the stress, he worked good under stress. Probably not nice but the job got down.

"Tony? You ok man?" Rhodey asked when he looked up from his thoughts Tony saw himself in his lab, device under his hands almost finished, he had absentmindedly been upgrading some piece of Stark tech, for god knows how long.

"Always." Tony said looking up at his best friend and saw worry in the creases of his forehead. "What?"

"You know what. You've been down here for days at a time, you finally come out for a couple minutesHow long has it been since Clint got the kid to calm down?" Tony asked not bothering to listen to Rhodey lecture him. He already asked FRIDAY to inform him if anything should change in Peter's condition but he still hasn't heard squat.

"Wh- Two days-"

He's been in the lab for two days? Sounds about right.

"-Kid hasn't woken up, doctors say it's cause of his extreme condition or something, they don't even know how the hell the kid managed to wake up the first time, let alone walk around."

"Sir, it appears Peter's vitals are suggesting your presence should be needed quickly." FRIDAY said and that's all Tony needed before his brain went haywire.

Should he even go? He was the one that put the kid through this! He was the one that let him go!

"Go Tony!" Was all he needed from Rhodey before he made his way to the med bay.

"Call a doctor-

"I have already alerted them of his vitals change." FRIDAY said and Tony smirked, of course she did. He didn't bother to thank her, or tell her which floor to stop him on. But it was done.

He went to the bed Peter was located at and saw him start to stir- no not stir, he was flinching, he was afraid.

He then started thrashing and Tony quickly held the kid down, not wanting him to hurt himself.

"Peter! Peter I need you to try and wake up! It's not real! Whatever you see isn't real!" Tony said quietly, but loud enough so that he knew the kid could hear without hurting his sensitive ears. He repeated calming things before the kid woke up, blinking himself awake with tear dropping from his eyes.

"Mr. Stark?" He voice came out a whisper and Tony's heart broke at how little his voice sounded.

"It's me I'm here." Tony reassured keeping eye contact.

"Bu-but he's- you're not real, he's-"

"I'm here, I'm real."

"He can't be." Peter said to changing his mind. 

"Ok, if I wasn't here, humor me. Where else would I be?" Tony asked sitting on the bed.

"huh?"

"Well, I'm not real, where would the 'real me' be?" Tony asked eyes glossy, he knew they were.

"I-I don't-" Tony made a buzzer noise.

"Wrong answer." Tony said and saw Peter frown in confusion, he was thinking great, he needed Peter thinking instead of solely convincing himself that Tony and everything else wasn't real.

"Fine, he- he's at meeting in China that Pepper forced him to show up to." Peter said after a moment of silence and Tony nodded.

"Except it's 2 o'clock in the morning over there." Tony said. "And even if that was the case, none of that is more important than you." Tony added feeling it needed to be said.

Peter stated quiet for a coulpe minutes, Tony didn't know what would set him off so he stayed quiet.

"You're not real, but you look real." Peter said after a while and Tony looked back at the kid who was staring at him.

"What makes you certain I'm not real?" Tony asked scrunching his eyebrows in curiosity.

"Mr. Stark talks a lot, he's never quiet, even when he works he hums, he hates it when I call him Mr.Stark." Tony saw that Peter wanted to say more but he stopped himself, feeling the need to stay quiet. He'd have to ask Natasha to-

Tony took a minute to think of what to respond.

"Alright kid you got a point, bu- god how do I say this- I'm scared, I don't know what to do. I don't know what could set you off- but I'm real, just scared, but happy- definitely happy you're safe now."

"From what?" Peter asked and Tony frowned. 

"What? What do you mean from what-" toy got it but Peter said it anyways.

"I can't tell if you're real, I might be safe from the man- b-but doesn't change that my mind is fighting itself." Peter said and his eyes looked a million miles away. 'how do I know what's real or not?"

"I'll tell you, you trust me right?"

"How will I know it's really you, Mr.Stark?" Peter asked and it was a valid question, and made Tony think.

"Tap your hand." He said after a beat, in a obvious voice. Peter looked at him crazy.

"What?" 

"You're Spidey sense, won't just activate for something that's not there." Tony said and Peter still looked off up by his answer. "What?"

"What if you're not there?" Petter asked giving him a weird look.

"Well- I'll be there, call me whenever."

"You don't-"

"I'm serious, Peter. You need to know that I'm for you no matter what." Tony said smiling down at Peter who stared at his hands, almost like they were a stranger to him. "How do I know I w-won't be a danger to anyone." Tony's smile sagged.