The Lie -XXXVII

A/N: Due to a large unforeseen surgery, health complications, and other things.... I have been unable to write for a long while. I just had another surgery in January, hopefully the last. I apologize about my absence, it's been pretty rough on my end, but I am finally done with hospitals (hopefully). I still have 6 more months before I can do strenuous activities again and an entire year before I'll be all healed, but at least I am feeling up for writing again. Of course, I'm also back to working two jobs to pay bills too haha.

As for the theft of my story from last year... I think we are out of the woods. Wow. Last year. Its been so long so I've been able to write. I cannot wait to heal up and get back to a normal schedule. So hopefully we can finish this story and finally give you guys closure.

Finally, I've sadly had some frustrated and other down right rude messages from readers about my absence

I do this for free. I wish I was a famous author, I wish I was able to make a dime from this. Hell, even a penny. But I can't. And I need to eat. I need to pay bills. So I have two jobs.

I was underweight before my surgeries and I got an earful from my doctor. I didn't even realize how badly I had been treating my body by burning too many calories while not taking in enough to keep up with moving 12 hours straight. And mind you I eat EVERYTHING on my plate. And when my doctor asked why I didn't just have extra portions with breakfast and lunch or second dinners. I told him the truth- shocked and embarrassed, I couldn't afford to eat that much. I thought the weight-loss was just because of stress and my condition only (still partly to blame), but now I'm aware... yeah 2 jobs count against your body. And you have to eat enough to keep up 12+ hour days. So this past year I've fought to get my health back up, and fought to recover from my surgeries, and fought to just stay afloat.

This isn't the first time I've told readers my life is hard. So please... if you can't say anything nice- don't say anything at all. This is all free to you. It costs me more than you could ever know.

With that said, I hope you guys enjoy this chapter, I'm sure there will be LOTS to correct, I apologize I'm a lousy editor. I write these things as fast as I humanly can, try to find errors but always fall short.

I would recommend refreshing yourself with the last chapter again as it's been so long since I last updated. Sorry again guys,
Thanks for understanding.
-Helium

HAYDEN

I turned on my phone for a quick moment, finally giving in to the discomfort that was creeping up my spine. It felt weird, I had never batted an eye at disconnecting myself from the grid before, but now with Alys I felt the need to always have it on incase she called. She had a horrible habit of disappearing, and it was one I didn't want to happen again. Uneasiness that she needed me slipped through my concentration again. As my phone lit up, her name did in fact appear across my screen; she had called twice and sent one text an hour earlier.

[Are you doing okay? Just checking on you...]

She thought I was with my uncle, talking over the contract I would sign when we graduated in just a few weeks. I wasn't. I couldn't tell her the truth. I sighed before turning my phone back off. I slipped it into my pocket and leaned against the brick wall beside the street. I couldn't contact her now, I was almost done with this waiting game and soon I could return to her. As long as she was fine, I could finish this as quickly as possible.