42: REVENGE

FEI LONG was glued to Feng Mian until she was sent to the delivery room where he could hear her cries from outside, just from the other side of the door

FEI LONG was glued to Feng Mian until she was sent to the delivery room where he could hear her cries from outside, just from the other side of the door. His heart constricted for every cry, for it spoke of Feng Mian's pain. He was anxious for what might come because there was no definite probability when giving birth to another life. Even if he knew Feng Mian was strong, there could be other complications.

His steps brought him back and forth in the white empty corridor with only Shi Bai and Arata Ito sitting on the sidewall bench. Dean and Denise were managing the aftermath of the Founding Day's disastrous night.

Fei Long had walked several laps but still, he was cold and worried. He had wanted to rush inside so many times just to hold Feng Mian's hand, be there as she gave birth to their child and comfort her that he was there always. Fortunately, he also thought of other complications he may cause with him inside. It was much too easy for bacteria contamination and may even endanger Feng Mian and their baby's lives all at once.

Hence, he was left worried sick, having won quite a few rewards from his own marathon.

Shi Bai clasped both her hands together, praying hard that Feng Mian can have a safe delivery so she can finally be a godmother. She repeatedly whispered 'A boy, a boy, a boy'. While Arata Ito was already thinking of names, as his positive thinking had already concluded Feng Mian's successful delivery.

It took 10 hours before Feng Mian finally had to stop pushing so much effort. She hadn't lost too much blood in the process but she was weakened considerably, nevertheless. When her baby's first cry resounded in the delivery room, her heart bloomed with an inexplicable happiness. It was a different sort of happiness for the love she shared with Fei Long, and could even be greater.

"Let me see..." She croaked, her throat parched and exhaustion on her face. Not long after the first cry, Fei Long rushed inside, not able to stop himself anymore. He had washed his hands, took a bath and even sprayed himself with antibacterial.

When his electric blue eyes laid upon Feng Mian with their small monkey in her embrace, his heart constricted as utter happiness pumped into his veins. Happy tears spilled from his eyes, uncaring of what might others think.

"Mian..!" He gently caressed her head, removing the stray hair off her face and kissed her gently on her forehead. "T-thank you..." He was shaken, happiness and relief awash over him simultaneously.

It was great she was safe and with their child... Truly great!!

"He looks just like you, haha." She weakly muttered, amused at the scrunched up face of their baby while Fei Long's face turned a little ugly, but then a brilliant smile spilled over his face. There were still tears coming out of his beautiful electric blue eyes.

"That just means you've looked at me so often that our child was likened to me! Wife, you did a wonderful job..." He kissed her once again, this time on her cheek.