Chapter 9

vote and comment if you like! it would be greatly appreciated. but anyway the next uplaod should be friday!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 9

Zane’s POV

I watched as she walked back over to the guy she was with before and it made me feel disgraced at how she chose some other guy over me. I couldn’t even have fun anymore knowing that she was with him and my distraction was all over Kyle. I didn’t have the heart to go and get another, knowing that Kyle would just chase that one away too.

I sighed and started thinking about my alpha female. My dad won’t be handing over the pack till a couple more years when I learn the responsibility of becoming an alpha but I still need to be seen with a mate and get her known. Who could a possibly choose? My wolf inside me growled at me, he wanted its mate leading beside him not some second choice.

But Marissa just wasn’t the kind of person that was right for the position.  She really is beautiful and smart, but she can’t be a leader and the pack comes before anything else. I hope she’s happy one day because I never meant to hurt her. But here she is, always up in my mind and making me feel all sorts of emotions because of her actions.

I was in a bad position right now, and I'm surprised that she hasn’t told anyone yet, I know I threatened her but that girl never listens to anyone. I looked over in her direction to see her smiling and talking with that guy as if she actually enjoyed his company, like I wasn’t across the bar from her sitting alone and wondering what if. Like she didn’t have a mate. That’s what hurt to most, the fact that she knew her mate was here but she still could easily continue on another guy like her mate didn’t even matter.

But what right did I have to say any of that? She wasn’t mine and I don’t want her to me mine.

Marissa’s POV

Kane was really nice, and really cute. But of course my stupid brain had to label him as a friend only and to be honest I think he sees me the same way. “So can I have your number? I know I haven’t known you for long but I like you already” he asked at complete ease, making me sure that he didn’t like me. And I'm kind of relived that he doesn’t, It just makes a mess when one person likes the other and the other one doesn’t like them back.

“Sure” I smiled, we exchanged numbers and right after his friend decided to walk up. “Hey who’s this?” he asked smiling over at me.  “That’s Marissa and don’t bother trying to get her, it really won’t work” he said making me laugh. I guess his friend was one of ‘those’ guys.  “Zach” he said shaking my hand.

“nice to meet you, and know Kane it’s getting late so we can go when you’re ready” he said nodding and taking a seat beside Kane. “Whoa, you’re actually giving me a choice? Well I'm going to dance with Marissa for a bit more then we can go home” Kane looked over at me with the question in his eyes.

I nodded and got up, letting him lead me back to the dance floor that I have already fallen in love with.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A hour later I was starting to get tired. Me and Kane walked off the floor together back to Zach who was talking to Zane of all people. “Well I think I'm done for the night” he said to Zach. “Alright then, I’ll be in the car” Zach then turned back to Zane and started to say bye.

“Well thanks for a fun night Marissa, I will definitely be using that number” Kane said with a wink which just made me laugh because I knew he was joking. “I’ll be expecting a call” I warned jokingly. He leaned over a kissed me on the cheek before walking away with Zach.