8: Leigh

Leigh worried once she left the library. She wasn't sure if Noah would get her note or if some random would pick it up instead. Someone could be laughing at her. Although there was nothing extremely personal in her note, she still felt that if anyone but Noah picked it up, they would be intruding her privacy.Colour branched into her cheeks.

            She was starting to regret leaving the note there.

            Leigh continued this train of thought as she drove home. It stuck to her during dinner too. It intruded her dreams. Distracted her during school. Consumed her. Even as she arrived at the library, hugging her books to her chest as she walked over to her desk. Nobody was looking at her, but she still felt exposed.

            However, seeing a note from Noah on the table, made her relax. Dropping into her seat, she picked up the slip of paper and started reading.

            Five random facts about me:

            1.    I have travelled a lot; Westeros, Neverland, Narnia, Wonderland, Hogwarts.

            2.    I'm in my first year of university, currently majoring in procrastination.

            3.    Doritos are life.

            4.    The fact that you're beautiful wasn't the first thing I noticed about you. It was that you smell like coffee and cinnamon.

            Leigh was overwhelmed with joy. Not only did he think she was beautiful, but it wasn't what he noticed first. He overlooked her exterior features and found something more to her. 

            Number is five is on the CD. I was going to make you a mixtape, but I wasn't sure if you owned a cassette player.

             - Noah

            Leigh picked up the case and looked at the disc. On the front, written in marker, was the number five. Leigh had conveniently brought her laptop to type up an English essay, but now that she had gotten the CD, she had new plans.

            As soon as everything was loaded up, Leigh inserted the disc, plugged in her earphones and played the first track. Noah hadn't named the songs; just numbered them. The first one was something she didn't recognise, but instantly enjoyed. By the time the second verse was sung, she googled the lyrics.

            Gang of Rhythm by Walk Off the Earth.

            Leigh smiled at each of the seconds and recorded their titles and artists in her notebook. There was a collection of different musicians, from The Beatles to Led Zeppelin, Paramore to Taylor Swift. 

            Leigh listened. Leigh loved.