43: SINS

YING YUE ZHAO was unfortunate to have a mother whose morals had become loose after selling her body for money

YING YUE ZHAO was unfortunate to have a mother whose morals had become loose after selling her body for money. She did not even oppose when one of her customers wanted to drag her only daughter on their dirty bed to perform illegal sexual acts. 

"..Mama... It's really hard to get close to Mr Mianzi McKenzi, but do you think I should continue?" Ying Yue's worried voice, asking for reassurance resurfaced in the stillness of the basement. The contrast was sharp, and the voices in the recording was nostalgic to Zhao mama's ears. Her lips quivered at the surging emotions.

"My Yue... you can do whatever you want. Mama loves you.."

These were the kind of exchanges recorded in the little chip Feng Mian held, and they were a complete set 8 months after she had transmigrated into this world. Even after Ying Yue was sent to the Liu's, she had the inconspicuous voice recorder in Zhao mama's bedroom. In her quest to learn the truth of her enemies, she was pleasantly surprised to find out of a mother as stupid as Zhao mama.

Even if she allowed Ying Yue free reign over her actions out of love, she was the legal guardian and according to the law, she should have never allowed Ying Yue to have a sexual relationship with a man. In fact, she should have reported it to the authorities if she couldn't control her child, to avoid complications.

Zhao mama was fortunate that there were other crimes on top of Ying Yue, lest she would have been the one dragged in jail. And people merely forgot about her due to other astonishing news. She was always an elusive woman after all and able to keep her silence even in dreadful circumstance.

"...But what to do. I find you irritating the more I look at you. It's exactly mothers like you who spout nonsense in the face of their children that cause unwanted tragedies!!" Feng Mian growled, her frost-cold eyes bloodthirsty. 

She had not intended to let go of Zhao mama so easily. Mothers may be capable of birth, but if they were also the cause (or partly) of their children's miserable life, then they should have never given birth to them at all!

Feng Mian has always been resentment to her parents, in the previous life and in this world. Irresponsible and selfish parents such as what she had were not needed. Children were innocent, but they had to carry their parents' sins, no matter how heavy!

Her heart wretched with so much agony that she wanted to kill Zhao mama there and then. However, she wouldn't make it too easy. She didn't deserve an easy escape from life. 

Feng Mian slowly tortured Zhao mama in the basement and had been gone for a night. Fei Long was very worried, but so as not to alert the young children and the elderly, he dragged a few expert men to search for Feng Mian himself only to see her bloody in the forbidden basement.