Chapter 9- The aftermath

(Y/n) gently opened her eyes. It was silent all around. She strained her eyes trying to see where she was. She felt something warm by her side and she turned to see it was Varian. Dazed, she sighed and rested her head back down. She couldn't really remember what had happened. All that remained in her head was the sound of explosions and people screaming. She cuddled closer to varian as the noises became louder and louder in her head. It was maddening. She became so close that their noises touched. She opened her eyes and stared back. She felt safe next to him even as the noises erupted through her mind, as she fought with herself to make it stop. Suddenly, silence. (Y/n) pecked his lips and held it for a few seconds before pulling away. Blushing, she didn't know why she'd done it, but it brought peace upon her mind and she drifted back to sleep. Varian peeked open his eyes, confused that he'd felt something touch him on his face. When he saw (y/n) very close to his face, he blushed and grinned sheepishly. He leaned in closer and murmured, "sweet dreams." His eyes closed back and he drifted back.

-------------------
Quirin gently creaked open the door to Varian's room. Peeking inside, he narrowed his eyes when he saw Varian and (y/n) so close together. He flung the door open and walked inside, shoving Varian, "varian, wake up!" Varian jolted up, startled. He blinked slowly and turned to his dad, "yes?" Quirin scowled and crossed his arms, tapping his fingers, "first off, why are you cuddling? Second off, you're gonna be cleaning up the mess you've made today." Varian blinked and looked down, searching for a way to answer. Finally, he turned and looked at his dad, "we weren't cuddling. Second off, I know..." he rolled his eyes and threw the covers off onto (y/n). Quirin glared, "you better not get an attitude with me boy..." varian murmured, "...yes sir." They walked out, leaving (y/n) alone in his room. He walked out and breathed in heavily. There was a lot to clean. Broken pieces of metal were stuck everywhere, pieces of wood clung on to everything, and people sat devastated at their losses. Varian sighed and began cleaning up, taking in all the glares, murmurs, and scowls directed at him.
-------
(Y/n) woke up sweating. She pulled the collar of her gown and wheezed softly. Then, a pain jolted through her leg, causing her to yelp. She dizzily looked at her leg that was bleeding and red. Sighing, she got up and lugged herself down the stairs. She opened the front door and breathed in the fresh air. Looking around, she spotted varian not far off cleaning. She quickened her pace as she leaped over to where he sat, hunched over cleaning. (Y/) settled down next to him and began helping. Varian turned to her in surprise, "why are you here?" It came out sneeringly and varian scowled as he faced he ground. (Y/n) raised an eyebrow, "to hel-" varian swiped what she was holding and threw it. (Y/n) opened her mouth in anger, "hey! What was that for!" Varian sneered and began yelling, "I don't need you to follow me around and help me! I'm fine on my own!" (Y/n) stared back blankly. She got to her feet and stared down. Her eyebrows arched before she walked off into the woods. Varian didn't look at her and she didn't turn her back as they parted their separate ways.