Imagine 16-I Miss You

You and Rafael had been broken up for almost a year now. Although you technically had moved on, there was still apart of you that missed him. Things with your current boyfriend, Michael, just weren't the same. He didn't make you laugh or smile like Rafael once made you do. He didn't give you butterflies in your stomach every time you saw his face or heard his voice. You felt no genuine love or connection with him like you did with Rafael.

Michael was out on a business trip for the week. This gave you a perfect opportunity to rekindle your bond with Rafael. Luckily, you still had his number saved in your phone. You hesitantly reached your finger to press the call option.

"You can do this (Y/N).."  You said quietly to yourself.

You nervously waited for him to pick up the phone. You two hadn't spoke to each other since you first broke up.

"Hello?" You heard his voice say.

The sound of his voice was instantly calming and suddenly your anxiety began to fade.

"Hey Rafi." You said quietly.

"(Y/N)? Is that you?"

"Yes..I hope it's okay that I'm calling you."

"Of course it is. Is everything alright though? He asked worriedly.

"Everything's fine."

"What's your reason for calling then?"

"Can you come over?"

"Yeah but why?" He asked again.

"Just come over please. It's easier to talk about in person."

"Okay."

You let out a sigh of relief as you hung up the phone.

About 30 minutes later, you heard a knock on the door.

You nervously opened it and were greeted by Rafael's worried face.

"Is everything okay? Did Michael hurt you?" He asked while walking into the apartment.

"No, not at all. He's out on a business trip right now."

"What's up then?"

"I just have something I wanna tell you."

"Go ahead. I'm listening."

"These past few months have been really hard without you Rafi..I never realized how much I truly loved you until I didn't have you anymore. I miss seeing your face when I wake up in the morning, I miss the smell of your cologne, I miss the way you kiss me, I miss the way you sing to me when I'm sad..I miss you." You said as tears began to fill your eyes.

 "What about Michael?"

"The only reason I got with Michael was to distract myself from thinking about you which only worked for the first 2 months."

You looked nervously down at your feet, trying to hide the fact that you were about to burst into tears.

"(Y/N)..why didn't you tell me sooner"

"I was scared you wouldn't feel the same and I didn't wanna look like a fool who was still in love with their ex." You said as a tear rolled down your cheek.

"You're no fool (Y/N)." He said before hugging you tightly.

You rested your face in the crook of his neck as more tears began to fall.

"I just miss you so much."

"You won't have to miss me anymore. I promise you'll never lose me again." He said while combing his fingers through your hair.

You looked up and into his gleaming green eyes.

"I love you Rafael Barba." You said before placing a kiss on his lips.

"I love you too."