Part 12

Yoongi didn't say anything about him and Hoseok's little side trip, didn't tell anyone or show any signs of it. He was tired, yes, but the shock of the guns blazing in the air was enough to stir his mind awake for hours.

It was a whirlwind of events and emotions and thoughts but somehow, Yoongi found himself back in a military truck, beside Jimin, listening as Hoseok briefed them, finally, about their mission.

"As you all know, tensions have been rising now for the past few months, the north will stop at nothing to claim this land as their own. But we, everyone here, aren't going to let them touch what we want to protect. And lives are more meaningful than land." Hoseok paused, taking a deep breath, "There's an orphanage, in Ilsan, just outside of Seoul but close enough to the border lines that it ranks this mission as a high threat."

Yoongi noticed the air growing heavier as Hoseok continued, "So that means no goofing around, there's word that our comrades at the border have been hit hard, repeatedly, and there is now more of a threat for us in the south. Our mission is to transport every single child and volunteer worker in that orphanage, and we are relocating them to the village."

"There is not to be one, not one, civilian life left behind. Is that clear?"

The resounding "Rodger." echoed off of the vehicles walls, and this time, Yoongi sang along.

Hoseok moved to sit next to Yoongi, giving him a reassuring look, "You good?"

The older nodded, a small smile as he motioned towards his camera, "Ready."

"Hobi hyung, my team is going to surround the perimeter and look out right? And Jungkookies team is solely transportation?" Jimin's voice came from next to Yoongi, strong.

"That's correct. And Taehyungie's K9 unit will be under me to make sure we don't leave anyone behind. Just like every other mission, just higher stakes." Hoseok added, trying to calm the seriousness of the situation.

Which seemed to work, if Jimin's bright eye smile was anything to go by. But, when Yoongi looked down he couldn't help but to notice, Jimins hands shaking, ever so slightly.

_

When they arrive everything seemed, well, everything seemed normal.

Yoongi was surprised to see so many children, from newly born to teenagers, oversized coats that only served to make them cuter, adults scattered among them, all older, all with kind smiles. But what surprised Yoongi the most, was how happy they were to see the military trucks, as soon as they'd stopped, it seemed like almost a hundred children surrounded them, greeting them as soon as they'd opened the cars doors.

Click.

When Yoongi lowered his camera, he was amongst the many children, all with wide eyes and even wider smiles when something tugged on his leg. He looked down to find a little girl, no older than five, all too skinny for her age, but held a shy smile and the brightest eyes Yoongi had ever seen on a five year old.

Yoongi crouched down, extending his hand out to the little girl, "Hey there, my names Yoongi Oppa, what's yours?"

The little girl didn't say anything, just a small smile as she wrapped her whole hand around Yoongi's finger, causing the boy to chuckle, "Alright, we can do that."

Yoongi got up, the girl still clutching his finger as he explored the orphanage, finding it a bit more difficult than expected to photograph his world with just one hand, but not something he necessarily minded. He noticed how Jungkook was lifting the children up by his arms, earning dozens of laughs and smiles from the kids. Jimin and Taehyung fit right in, kids climbing all over Jimin as Taehyung's dogs basked in the children's loving attention.