Chapter 10

Lena was sitting at a corner table in the restaurant that she had booked for her and Kara, she looked up at the clock, Kara was twenty minutes late. Lena should have known this would happen, Kara's time keeping skills were terrible to say the least, she probably just got held up at work by Cat Grant, or her latest project. Lena began to grow more nervous by the second, had she overdressed? Was Kara going to get the wrong impression? Was her make up okay? Lena was wearing a beautiful, silk black dress, that was skin tight to say the least and highlighted all of her assets which was basically every curve on her body. Her hair was curled as it lay across her pale shoulders, thank god she hadn't had enough time to even think about a fake tan, because that would have been terrible. 

Lena's heart skipped a beat, or three when she looked up and saw a smiling blonde walking towards her, she was wearing the same thing she wore to work that day, but still she looked flawless to Lena. The brunette stood up and didn't fail to notice Kara's jaw drop when she saw what Lena was wearing, and Lena had no idea if this was a good or bad reaction. Kara pulled the brunette in for a hug, before the two took their seats. 

"Wow, Lena! you look incredible!" Kara exclaimed running her eyes up and down Lena's body, who flushed at this statement feeling self conscious, she wished she hadn't gone so overboard with her clothing choices. Although a part of her was happy that Kara had taken the time to compliment her even if it was just in a platonic way, not in a 'god I want to bang the hell out of you way'.  

"Sorry I'm so overdressed I don't-" Lena began as she fiddled nervously with her hands on the table, looking down at the tablecloth not wanting to meet Kara's blue ocean eyes in case she visibly swooned at the sight, which anyone would. 

"Hey! Don't be silly! If Mike hadn't come to CatCo I would have made just as much as an effort as you!" Kara said happily placing her hand on top of Lena's shaking ones, making the brunette more nervous by the second. But as soon as Lena heard that son of a bitch's name come out of the blondes mouth, she pulled her hands away from Kara's grasped and looked up at the blonde in confusion. 

"Mike?" Lena asked a little bit too aggressively, Kara feared that if the brunette held a glass in her hand she would surely break it with brute force. Kara sighed rolling her eyes the other woman. 

"Don't get all protective Lee he just came to apologise." Kara tried to explain but Lena was having none of it she thought that her best friend had finally seen how abusive that man was and had run for the hills, unfortunately she was wrong. Lena shook her head as she looked back down at the table, only this time it was in disappointment. Suddenly something caught Lena's eye as she looked closer at Kara's hand that the blonde desperately tried to cover.

"Is-Is-Is that your engagement ring?" Lena could barley get the words out of her mouth in disgust. Her voice barley audible. 

"Lena, he loves me and I love him, couples fight its no big deal." Kara said running her hand through her hair, Lena was so taken a back for a second that she was lost for words, how could someone so smart be so stupid at the same time? That was a mystery to Lena. 

"So what your just going to move back in with him? After the state you were in after he threw you out all of what? Three days ago?" Lena asked growing more angry by the second, this was not the way she imagined this dinner going, not at all. 

"He's my fiancee Lee!" Kara pleaded, "please try to understand!" Kara said stretching her hands out to Lena's again but the brunette pulled away sharply, she was so angry. 

"So thats a yes?" Lena question her voice getting lower and lower, Kara all but quivered before her, it wasn't often that Lena became this angry, but when she did it always involved Mike, and Kara just always thought it was because Lena had a crush on her, or used to anyway. But that had never bothered her. Kara nodded, "I can't believe this." Lena muttered shaking her head. 

"He's picking up my stuff now." Kara sighed out. Lena immediately jumped out of her seat, making a few tables of people begin to stare at the two women. 

"He's what?" Lena questioned.

"He's picking up my stuff from your apartment now." Kara repeated but as soon as she did she knew she had made a mistake. 

"You gave him a key to my place?" Lena paused, "How could you do that?" Lena was full off rage in that second, how could Kara just let Mike into her apartment without telling her? He was probably going through all of her things as they speak. Lena tried to walk away from the table as Kara grabbed her hand forcing her to stop. 

"Lena please" Kara pleaded again, but Lena just shook her hand free. 

"Fuck you Kara" Lena whispered dangerously as she stormed out leaving Kara in her past, the blonde quickly phoned Mike to let him know that hurricane Lena was on her way, and she was not happy. 

Authors Note:

Hey guys I hope that you enjoyed that chapter! And thank you for all the votes, reads and comments it means a lot!