20

She got a reply back in no time. The moment the letter appeared in front of her, relief washed over her. She could help the order, do good.

She walked down the common room immediately noticing that Draco wasn't there. She shrugged and headed out of the common room with Pansy.

Katie Bell was healing and everything seemed calm. She grabbed the toast off the table while discussing about the potions test with Pansy.

She looked around longingly wondering where Draco was. He was always late, but not this late until now.

Her breath hitched when she saw the famous Harry Potter talking to Katie Bell. He looked around suspiciously until his eyes landed on her.

She gave him a glare and turned back her attention to Daphne. In the corner of her eye, she saw the blond boy come into sight. Just as she was about to wave him over, Draco stopped in the middle of the room. He nervously glanced at Harry and Katie until their eyes landed on him.

Draco took a gulp and and balled his fists before slowly walking backwards out of the hall. He fixed his tie with his hands, a nervous habit he had, and shuffled out of he hall.

Harry quickly followed after, making Hermione excuse herself from the table.

Her body tingled in worry and her heart thumped louder by the minute. She turned the corners of the castle making sure not be seen by anyone, especially the teachers.

Just as she thought she had lost them, she heard a loud crash from the other side of the hallway. She quickened her pace until running in full speed.

Her legs carried her to the the empty and abandoned girl's bathroom where Moaning Myrtle inhabited.

The tiles were wet from the overflowing water and she walked in without hesitation. The silence seemed unusual and odd, just a minute ago she swore she could hear spells bouncing off the walls.

She heard a soft cry and shallow breathing, immediately draining the color from her face.

"I didn't, I didn't m-" she heard Harry say in a tone of regret.

Her eyes widened when she saw her boyfriend on the floor, blood seeping out from his chest. The air filled with a rusty aroma as the water beneath him slowly turned into a shade of deep red.

"Draco!" She yelled making the scar headed boy turn around in alarm. She ran over to him to make sure he was still breathing.
"No no, please, Draco" she pleased touching his face. His eyes flickered onto her but the pain on his face was evident.

Harry Potter, he was the one who had done his. To him.

"You!" she turned, whipping out her wand from her pocket. "What have you done? What have you done!" She pointed the wand at his throat making him wince.

"I, I didn't know I swear. I didn't mean to" he choked out apologetically.

"Liar! " She yelled stabbing the wand harder almost cutting off his air supply.

"Miss Gaunt" she heard a voice behind her, making her turn around to see her the potions teacher. "Please step away from Mr. Potter"

"But professor, he tried to-"
"Now" Snape scowled. Hermione turned around to Harry and giving one more venomous look, removed the wand from his throat.

Harry stumbled back before running out of the bathroom, making Hermione scoff. He really was pathetic.

Snape quickly turned around and with enchanting a spell, the blood from the floor slowly traveled back into Draco's body. His breathing became more calm and soft instead of the shallow breathing he had.

"Miss Gaunt, please take him to the infirmary while I go have a little chat with the headmaster" Snape instructed.

"Yes sir" Hermione agreed and helped Draco off the floor.

He draped his arm around her neck for stability before slowly taking steps out of the bathroom.
"Take your time" she told him quietly as they walked.