ONE

- JULIET'S POV -

JULIET ASHTON WAS the daughter of a multi-billionaire, and she had parental problems like no other.

A fucking cliche like no other.

Her parents sent her to dozens of boarding schools. During the holidays, she spent time with her paternal grandparents, Jeanette and Arthur Ashton. Her grandfather used to be a part of MI6, and was currently retired. He made sure she was tough as nails. Her grandmother used to be a former model, fashion designer, hair stylist, as well as makeup artist - basically, a grandmother every teenager dreamed of. In her day, she used to be considered one of the most beautiful women in the world. Jeanette Clare Ashton - the most gorgeous woman to grace the world. She taught Juliet how to dress, how to talk, how to eat properly, how to walk and sit and do everything the way kings and queens did.

Unfortunately, Juliet never did seem to pick these traits up. She still sat on a chair with a leg thrown over one armrest and a hand slung over the top of thr chair. That's gay, someone had once told her. Juliet had simply smiled.

Juliet was arrogant. But not in the sense you think it is. She was assured when it came to her intelligence. Nearly nothing missed her sharp eyes, and she was always very precise.

Juliet was currently eighteen, and about to start her Upper 6th form (12th grade) at Carlton Academy, a boarding school and one of the most prestigious in the world.

She was at a boarding school in France for the summer, making up for the delinquency she performed in her last year's boarding school in Russia, and her parents decided that Juliet ought to study atleast one year in her place of birth.

She received the acceptance letter to Carlton via her parents, who were glad that their daughter would be going there. Her father was particularly excited for her to join - he'd gone to Carlton as a young teenager. Her mother went too, but was more enthused at the idea of Juliet meeting a potential rich husband.

When Juliet heard she'd be going, she simply shrugged and said, "Okay, then." She simply didn't care anymore. Her desire to impress her parents was snuffed out a few years ago.

It was currently the last week of August, and she was going to settle in her room tomorrow afternoon. Her parents' chauffeur was going to pick her up and drop her at the Academy. She had come from France only yesterday.

She was in the living room playing chess with her grandfather as her grandmother cooked dinner. The bell rang. Juliet sighed. "I'll get it." She narrowed her eyes at her grandfather. "Don't move a single piece, old man."

He gave her an offended look. "You insult me, Jules."

Juliet winked and went to open the door. Her parents' faces greeted her. Her twin brother, Nathan, was behind them. He lived with their parents because he was going to take over the company someday, and spent his days studying at Carlton and then accompanying his father to meetings and trips whenever possible. He was the golden child. The one their parents were genuinely proud of. The heir of the Ashton family. He wasn't even the eldest, but who cares as long as he's a male, right?

She hadn't seen him in a long time.

Juliet still hated him.

Eleanor Ashton had honey blonde hair, a trait which she had passed on to her daughter, and turquoise coloured eyes which she gave to Nathan. She had a slim physique and a kind, warm face.